Vai - the Hydra

That appears to be functional art rather than a serious instrument. There's no way they bring that out as a production model.

That appears to be functional art rather than a serious instrument. There's no way they bring that out as a production model.
Well, considering they did a run of guitars that supposedly contained his blood, I honestly wouldn’t put it past him. 🤣

I watched vai play live all 3 necks on the heart shape guitar at the same time on the ultrazove tour. No lie. my bud i work with went with me and saw it as well. amazing player to watch live.
Did he have a third arm-hand? 😐

You should see Thomas's own version of that guitar, which he built for himself... Got to see it in person and it's crazy. There's a video somewhere of him demoing it with all the features.
Was it that white and black guitar? I also thought he had another one that I couldn't find, I think it said it would cost like 10k or something but I thought it had even more bells and whistles on it. He is really a super nice guy. Tony was putting a piece of tape that he wrote something on Thomas's back while I was distracting him while he was also setting up Steve's rig. All those dudes are just so down earth and funny as hell. Got to hang out with them after the show at the Roxy in ATL. Was the best time I've ever had at a concert.

Was it that white and black guitar? I also thought he had another one that I couldn't find, I think it said it would cost like 10k or something but I thought it had even more bells and whistles on it. He is really a super nice guy. Tony was putting a piece of tape that he wrote something on Thomas's back while I was distracting him while he was also setting up Steve's rig. All those dudes are just so down earth and funny as hell. Got to hang out with them after the show at the Roxy in ATL. Was the best time I've ever had at a concert.
It looks much like the one you shared.

Thomas also has a black guitar with a holo-flash on the fretboard with hundreds of signatures on it that is valued at like $100k or something! I can't remember the value when he showed us at Vai Academy... But it's crazy, too.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new..._talks_to_ug_about_his_famous_superstrat.html

Here's a vid with his Sonica setup:

Honestly, the only person qualified to play this live is probably Rick Nielsen! :p:fire: :p

iu

Back
Top Bottom