Vai / Satch content!

Just stumbled on this - pretty cool:

Both Axe Fx III and II visible in the video.

Also, is it just me or does Steve look like he's come from Vinny to collect his money (circa 1979)?

Saw that a couple of days ago...Phil Collen has done one as well. I thought the Vai one was Rudolph Schenker at first.

Cool video. But got me wondering, once again: with that many guitars, how often do strings get changed? I mean, I'd think Steve must have a tech helping him out with many things, string changing being one of them. My experience with Ernie Ball, even if I clean up after playing, has not been exactly the most durable brand of strings I've tried. But I'm not a pro, so to think strings on that many guitars get changed, say, every 2-3 weeks for a pro player like Steve, well...that's a lot of work and lots of strings!

I really doubt that all those guitars get bi weekly string changes. I would guess only the ones in rotation get kept up with. I have close to 100 guitars in my house and only keep up three or four at a time. if a friend wants to play a guitar hanging on the wall or ceiling we get it down and freshen it up.

Back
Top Bottom