Vai Academy 6.0 - 2022, Las Vegas

For those wondering, the "campers" were playing through Boss Katana amps with a Super Overdrive and a Crybaby in front. I have to say, they sounded pretty good cranked up!

Is that what it was? Honestly I didn't even have a chance to really look, I just plugged in and went with it. Didn't turn out too badly :)

Might as well jam in 7 when given the opportunity, here's mine...

I got a lot of comments throughout the week about how "strat-y" my guitar sounded, thanks to the subtle 6-way switch I put in. There's a bit of that towards the end of the jam video. Amazing what a little mod like that can do for the versatility of an instrument :guitar:

I honestly wouldn’t be able to hold my composure jamming with Steve. That has to be surreal.
It's a fucking trip! And for the 3rd time I've done it, it's not much easier. I was second guessing what to play until I stepped onto the stage. I realized afterwards that I played the same thing last time around :)

He (and the whole band) really does a great job of working with everyone that comes up... No matter the skill level. It's really quite a cool thing to watch.

And Steve personally works hard to play with you and get some interaction going.

If you can afford it you should definitely do it!

Back
Top Bottom