Vai Academy 5.0

There’s still time to register for Vai Academy 5.0 July 29th-August 2nd 2019 at the Mansion at Glen Cove, Long Island, NY! Learn about Sound Sculpting: Exploring Effects and Signal Path, over 4 days and nights of non-stop guitar playing! Featured artists include Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Andy Timmons, Devin Townsend, Plini, Larry Mitchell, and my other amazing guests. Fractal Audio’s own @Admin M@ will be there doing presentations, but there will also be time for 1-on-1 or small group sessions! Fractal Audio is also donating an Axe-Fx III to be raffled off on the first night of camp to one lucky winner! Register now at www.VaiAcademy.com

Last edited:
I'm going ! I missed Axe-Fest Boston, I won't miss this one. Already paid for it this morning. I'll share my room with another one, maybe someone from this forum ?
I'm up for that assuming I go... I just need to make up my mind to do it ;)

Do it! It’d be cool to have more Fractalites there!
I really want to but I don't really want to fly across the country with a guitar...

Both The G4 Experience and Vai Academy I attended were within driving distance, which allowed me to bring my Axe Fx, a Xitone wedge and a couple guitars.

I guess I'm spoiled :)

I need to check flights now.

I certainly won't bring a guitar from Mauritius. As the focus will be on effects, do I really need to bring one ?

I certainly won't bring a guitar from Mauritius. As the focus will be on effects, do I really need to bring one ?
There are many jam sessions... If you can, I'd recommend bringing one.

Also, every camper gets a time to jam with Steve and his band - you don't want to miss that.

A guitar is not a requirement for any of the workshops/sessions, but definitely the extra curricular activities.

Plus, it's nice to get a bunch of signatures ;)

I'll buy one in NY beforehand then :)
There are a few options to buy as part of your package and get a discount... I think all options are Ibanez ;)

Also, last year's Vai Academy had Bananas At Large (a music retailer from the San Francisco area) in house with a decent selection of gear.

I'm actually considering the same thing.

Edit:

Interesting... The website doesn't show any option for guitar purchases now. I'll send them an email.

Last edited:
Let me know what they answer you ! Ibanez is probably what I would have bought anyway
Here is the answer I got:

due to the amount of time it takes Ibanez to fill orders, the Upgrade is no longer available.

but if there is a specific Ibanez guitar that you would like to purchase, i can contact them and see if its in stock.

I sent a follow-up to see if there would be a music shop online.

I'm thinking about bringing my J-Custom, I'm trying to sell it anyway and i guess some shops in NY buy used guitars, right ?

...I don't really want to fly across the country with a guitar...QUOTE]

This is kind of where I'm at too. I'm going, and I want my guitar that I know inside and out with me, but I've never flown with a guitar before so that makes me a little nervous. But I sure as heck am not driving from Seattle to NY, so I guess I'll figure it out!

Back
Top Bottom