Vai Academy 2019

Thanks @Southwesttone. Thanks to ALL of the other "Fractal Family" members who made this Vai Academy into such a Fractal-focused event for EVERYONE there. I hope I was able to provide everyone with the best possible experiences, on behalf of both Fractal Audio Systems and Steve Vai. Working on stage and off with Steve, Devin, Larry, Plini and the Dreamcatcher staff was fantastic. We improved live rigs, shared "secrets", created new things, and deepened both professional relationships and friendships. The "breakout" classes will stand out in my memory as a perfect example of what sets our community apart-- filled with intelligent, engaged, interesting and talented people. I'll say this: a week of real-life face-to-face interactions can offset a year of the typical downsides of online interaction. Everyone was so polite and personable. As for the many new people (or "upgraders") who purchased the demo units or ordered new gear from our store during the week, congratulations and welcome aboard! (Here's a human interest story for you... one of the "campers" bought an Axe-Fx III, and then GAVE his Axe-Fx II to one of the other families in attendance!)

If you were there and care to say hello, chime in here. I'll try to post some of my pics below.

Thanks for giving us the best demonstrations of only some of the possibilities. Was very informative. Was great to meet you and everyone else!

You are the guy Matt took a picture of and said he would Photoshop you in?

And, yes, Fremen and I hung out together a lot.

I'll probably attend the next Vai camp, but maybe not if it's at that facility... I was not a fan of the venue.

Well I was 1 of the people that Matt was going to PS me into the photo. I missed it by a few minutes. Was in a previous session so my bad. I guess I'm just a part of digital waste now. haha.

Back
Top Bottom