Vacay in The Sunshine State

It’s sunny here when it’s not raining.....

sadly that usually is like November thru March. Rest of the year it’s pretty much daily rain lol
Yeah but not all day. Typically afternoon showers. Beats the hell out of up north!

Looks like a nice sleepy place to visit.
That is pretty accurate. The sleep/relax/break-from-unpacking aspect has been my vacation, such as it is. We're doing all the stuff she wants to do, and not doing the one thing I wanted to do while here (visit Hemmingway's cats).

Too bad you weren’t a bit further South East, it’s been perfect weather lately, not a cloud in the sky and the average temp has been 75. It’s that fleeting spot right before it gets brutally hot every single day again.

Hope you get to the see the cats! Maybe remind the wife it’s vacation for both of you!

Yep, actually can be outside this time of year. Nothing like it still being 90 degrees with 90% humidity at 9pm at night lol

but hey, we have no state income tax and Tom Brady, so can’t complain

I went into a Wal-Mart in the Florida panhandle. Now I know a little bit what Gathering of the Juggalos is like.

Yeah, people tend to view the entire state of Florida as full of crazies, but IME, after living here in South Florida and then up north in Palm Bay/Melbourne, once you travel north of West Palm Beach, all bets are off. I couldn’t believe how many mullets I saw when I moved to Palm Bay and I’m not being sarcastic. It was 2007!

My sister lives in Ocala and every time I’ve been up there, ugh....I don’t want to disparage a whole bunch of people at once, so I’ll just say that it seems there’s a much more...relaxed way of presenting oneself up there.

Yeah, people tend to view the entire state of Florida as full of crazies, but IME, after living here in South Florida and then up north in Palm Bay/Melbourne, once you travel north of West Palm Beach, all bets are off. I couldn’t believe how many mullets I saw when I moved to Palm Bay and I’m not being sarcastic. It was 2007!

My sister lives in Ocala and every time I’ve been up there, ugh....I don’t want to disparage a whole bunch of people at once, so I’ll just say that it seems there’s a much more...relaxed way of presenting oneself up there.
Yep. I grew up in Northwest Florida. The beaches were nice, but a disproportionate percentage of the people were awful.

Back
Top Bottom