VA/DC local band wants to convert to Axe-FX II - looking for local demo of an Axe-FX2

OrangeThunder

Hey Axe-aficionados,

Our lead guitarist and myself are looking to convert to the Axe-FX II and could transition from our lovely British tube amps a lot easier if we could hear someone's live rig through some PAs. Making a trip all the way to California or New Hampshire for some live rig demoing just isn't in the cards. Sooooooooooo, anyone locals to Northern Virginia (or points beyond) want to show off their live rig to a couple nice guitarists from a Classic Rock/Hard Rock cover band? We'll bring the Bourbon if that helps...

Thanks,
Jack

Devon, UK any good to you Jack..?

;)

Here's the key thing to remember - An AxeFX isn't trying to sound like you're standing next to your stack when running through a PA, it's supposed to sound like your stack which has been mic'd, stuck through a desk and then out of the PA. This in turn means that a good engineer will deliberately leave room in the low end for bass / kick / toms etc, rather than fill the whole spectrum up with guitar. If you remember that important difference, it will blow you away, guaranteed :encouragement:

I don't live anywhere near there, but you picked the right time to do it. As you might read elsewhere, in FW11, the Jumper'd Plexis sound amazing and there are many varieties of great British flavor to be had here. Good luck getting some demo help.

I have a show in Fredericksburg on the 21st. Axe will be going to our FOH with a powered speaker on stage for some stage volume / personal monitoring.

I must caveat that this will be my first live outing with the rig. However...!! I am fully confident the sound will be killer. I'm just in a crunch getting my presets and scenes setup. We're a cover band and I have several styles to cover.

Thanks J-Beard - That's exactly the setup we're looking for a demo of. What's your band's name and where are you playing? We'll try to get down there to check you guys out.

Gig on Sept 21st in Baltimore area , bar-local club playing cover material. I play the AXE FX-II using a small back line (Matrix GT1000 powering a NL12, and Port City 2x12), and into the PA depending on room size. I have used the AXE (ultra and FX) for about 4 years now. I have few other gigs in and around Baltimore in the coming months, with different bands - acoustic, rock, blues. Very convenient tool, sound continues to get better and better. Just updated to 11.02

look for secret 80's man - I think that's his name. He's in a cover band around northern VA as well & uses the axe.

We're playing at the QBall Cafe off of Bragg Road. We have the first half of the night (9-11). Band's name is The Dockers (VA). Anything online is before I picked up my Axe. We're running sound that night. This means I'll be there really early to set up and sound check. I'll have some time before the show to let you check it out as well.

If you happen to be visiting the Virginia Beach area in the near future , just let me know and I'll be happy to oblige a demonstration session

I live in md I come from Marshall,mesa boogie and a rack of stuff. I now use the axe fx2, matrix gt1000 into Marshall cabs I also have out 1 fun to frfr for monitor and xlr to the pa. A 6 space rack,pedal board and whatever cabs I want or just into the pa. It kicks Ass

Back
Top Bottom