V9 Vai-style Bogner

Alex EShadow

Inspired
http://alexmreis.com/mp3/erotic.mp3

Improved Euro 2 model on the V9 firmware, freaking awesome! Running it through the 4x12 Cali cab with SM58 and R121

A little mid-heavy as usual for me. My LTD Eclipse does have it fair share of midrange, but most of it comes out of my fingers and tonal taste.

Anyway, there it goes ;)

Thanks for V9 Cliff, it rocks!

@Scott Flattered by your comments man. I've been using your patches for a looong time and your review was one of the reasons I got the Axe in the first place.

@yek Fractastic! Cliff really raised the bar AGAIN with the new firmware. Best since 7.04 definetly.

@VidarAus, @iaresee There you go: http://alexmreis.com/mp3/045%20-%20Vai% ... tmares.syx

Keep in mind I use EMG pickups on a Les Paul type guitar, so probably:

1 - You'll find it a bit dull on the high end, due to the EMG brightness (unless you use EVOs lol)
2 - It will most likely be lacking in bass on anything but a Les Paul
3 - You will need more gain due to the high output of the EMGs and my heavy right hand, unless you got a heavy one as well.

First time I posted a recording someone liked :D Sounds like 9.0 is a keeper

Scott Peterson said:
DIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chewy like granola, sweet like honey... like health food for your tone! :D

Nah healthy baddd candy gooooood. More like Mentos... maybe Footos? :lol:

footos0lz.jpg

Thank a lot for the patch! Really appreciate it!

I sat down and critically listened to your clip against Vai's original track, and man you really nailed it! Just fantastic! The Axe-FX continues to amaze me on a daily basis.

I love the fact that there are so many people tweaking and sharing, each having an interest in a different set of amps and sounds. There is no way one person (except for Cliff of course) could completley understand all of the amps and combinations of effects e.t.c, let alone try all of them out! But with everyone posting and sharing like crazy, we are all able to quickly build up a large stock pile of awesome tones! Love it!

As you seem to be nailing Mr. Vai so well, all we need now is for you to figure out a Vai Lead patch and we will be rockin'!!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks again,

VidarAus

Back
Top Bottom