V9 Sam Hill patches

The new firmware probably reset the mixer block that he uses for his volume pedal ?

Haven't tried them myself yet ..., but Mark just posted over at HRI that he was "WOW'ed" by v9.0 ....

What that exactly means ? I don't know but I asked him if he felt the need to make any "adjustments".

Stand by, I'm sure he'll post here soon !

FlyingV said:
The good sound stays the same ?

Mark answered me right away ( over @ HRI ), here's what he said ....

After installing 9.00 I found my presets were more out front and just basically nicer sounding. Today I copied a preset to another location and reset the CAELD sim back to default, way better!!! Then added some sag and depth and it sounded really good. I'm impressed......just like ketchup!

To understand the ketchup reference, you need to read his posts ..., here's a link !

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewt ... 7&start=45

There's some funny shit in that thread about ketchup.

I can't believe guys are still obsessed with trying to prove that valve amps are better than modellers. I guess if they don't get it by now, they never will. Why do some people have such a strong need to state absolutely what's best and insist everyone else agree with them? It's just "horses for courses" - any piece of music gear makes the sound it makes; if it floats your boat, use it, if it doesn't, don't use it. It's not rocket surgery. :lol: "best" is subjective, not objective.

For me, the AxeFX gives me many better sounds at any volume level than I've ever got out of a few good amps. And yes, I've got a few great sounds from some amps under certain conditions that I can't get (yet) from the AxeFX. It works for me, but it's not for everyone. I'd rather play and enjoy instead of worry about what miniscule part of the tone might be better in a different rig.

But still, I do enjoy the threads - they're sort of funny and sad at the same time :D

Maybe I should start a thread on what the best colour is. Of course, the best colour is green. If you don't agree with me then you obviously haven't spent enough time tweaking your contrast and brightness settings. To prove I'm right, I propose we conduct a blindfold test and then you'll realise how stupid you were to believe that lime could ever pass for green. It's your choice: you can agree with me or be wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: V9 Sam Hill patches -

Help!!

I'm totally new to the axe fx and dying to get some of marks patches on my AXE.
I am also getting no sound when I somehow am able to download the patch correctly.

i.e my axe efx display reads the title of his patch but I get no sound.

How do I reset the mixer blk or change it so the patch works?

Thanks!!!

Re: V9 Sam Hill patches -

evh316 said:
How do I reset the mixer blk or change it so the patch works?
Hi there,

there is always somewhere a mixer in Marks patches, and it is assigned to a volume (expression) pedal. Search for the mixer in the layout, edit the mixer, select the first gain, press enter. There you should see a lot of parameters, the first one is the controler. Set it to 'None' and you should get sound.

Hope that helps!
H.

piazza,

When I went to edit the Mixer block, controller was already set to "none", but no sound. I ended up having to completely take out the mixer and join the chain together. I guess that works:)

Wes

Lawless33 said:
piazza,

When I went to edit the Mixer block, controller was already set to "none", but no sound. I ended up having to completely take out the mixer and join the chain together. I guess that works:)

Wes

The mod was actually on Gain 2 of the mixer :)

Here's the patch without the mixer and 2nd noise gate so it should be Standard friendly as well:

http://files.me.com/samhillband/irhity

Mark

FlyingV said:
Hi Mark,
how are you ?
To much work ?
I miss your videos :p

Is there anyone with 9.02 ?

Lots going on :(
I just installed 9.02 on Sunday afternoon....just started playing with my patches last night....liking it very much. Videos soon :)

Mark

Hi Mark,

can one video show hows your actual live set ( presets ) is looking ?
Playing similar songs like you play with samhillband, I always hoping to get new sound- preset- and settings inspirations :roll: ....

Regards

Peter

What is the FX loop being used for in Mark's patches? And the Cab, I take it he has Cabs off in the global settings but has the cab here for DI use?

Don't have an Axe yet but it's pretty cool to go through this stuff with Axe-edit to get familiar with how stuff works... seems pretty logical...

Couldn't find it in the manual but I'm assuming the Delay/Reverb are parellel based on the way they are spliced into the main flow off of the shunts?

Can't wait to play with this shitz for real :ugeek:

Hi,
I was able to get these awesome patches to work in 10.01 Many thanks for sharing Mark.
I do have one problem, can anyone tell me why my output 2 lit clips hard, and I get a huge bass wooomph on my Low E string?

I am using one K 10 xlr hookup on output 1. cabs and amp sims are on. FYI, I am a newb:)
Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom