V9 Cabs, Anyone Use 'Em

PPS: Why are you not including pre Mixed selections of the current Ultra Res? One of the main reasons I jumped on board was the Mix Cabs and not having to be an engineer for my sound outside of selecting an amp, cab, effects and routing :-/

EDIT: Maybe you can work something out with Mr Scott Peterson?

Would anyone be opposed to replacing some of the (V9) cabs with factory UltraRes stuff?

I know if we want more user cab slots, we should buy an XL, and I know you don't want to have 2 versions of current firmware (one with V9 cabs, and another with UltraRes cabs), and I know you want to generate revenue for the Cab Packs, but is there any way we can all just get along on this? I'd be willing to pay something reasonable, so I could have all the factory cab slots loaded with cabinets from the UltraRes cab pack(s) you are currently shooting in UltraRes, so I can still have my 100 user slots.

Help me Obi Wan, you're our only hope.

Please don't remove the Kalthallen cabs :roll

I think the kalthallen IR's should definitely be replaced.
They can be found on the web for free and you can even make your own UR mixes.
Just put them in your user IR spots.
I also believe it would be a better idea to have new UR FAS Ir's in there because it's a Fas product so it makes more sense.
Not to mention the benefits from going to UR cabs!

Kids, I want to get you a MacBook Pro. But you will have to re-enter all of your contacts into the new computer. Do you want to just keep on using your trusty Tandy TRS80, or do you want to spend some time recompiling your address book, to move forward with a better tool?

He asked if anybody opposed ... and twelve million people post that they aren't. Comprehension fail. DOH

Now he gets to read through all these posts to get to mine, where I ask what "replacing" them does to my presets that use the V9 cabs? Are they replaced with the same cab, but Ultra Res? If so, that is a no brainer. If not, then that is a gigantic PITA. I would have to start from scratch on a bunch of presets.

The idea is great, but need to know about the actual implementation ...

He asked if anybody opposed ... and twelve million people post that they aren't. Comprehension fail. DOH

Now he gets to read through all these posts to get to mine, where I ask what "replacing" them does to my presets that use the V9 cabs? Are they replaced with the same cab, but Ultra Res? If so, that is a no brainer. If not, then that is a gigantic PITA. I would have to start from scratch on a bunch of presets.

The idea is great, but need to know about the actual implementation ...

They are not replaced with the same cab just in URes, they are replaced with a different cab.

As I said earlier in this thread, you can use the tools available (tonematch & synth block) to turn the factory cabs you rely on into user cabs. You can keep using them.

Back
Top Bottom