V6 Tone matching : line out/send into the AxeII ? (help!)

gibsonash

Experienced
Hello friendly Fractal friends,

Already did a lot of Tonematch w/ great results.

But... I tried to plug a tube amp effects loop send into the Axe to Tonematch the preamp so I can amplify it later through my VHT/4x12 rig.

The issue is having the Tone Match engaged at the end of the preset always sound like there is a cab ON, but there isn't.

Thanks !

Same for me.

Is it possible to Tonematch a preamp ? Or a line out ? Then use it play through a tube power amp ?

There is something I'm missing...

Thanks
Martin

what do you mean "engaged at the end of the preset." do you mean the tonematch block is in last column? does it matter where the block is located for tone?

also, i think the tonematch process is expecting a complete guitar tone for the reference source, including a cab sound. so not just the preamp sound from an effects loop send.

I think he meant :
TMA block "on" and CAB block "off" (nothing else in the signal chain but the amp block).

No matter the source, mee too, I always get a playable output, not the line level signal.

The idea is to Tonematch only line out/fx send, no cab sim or else, to play it through my tube power amp/4x12 rig.

Need the cab out of the equation.

Martin

It works for me like that. I just profiled the send effects.
I'm using a test tone with peak mode.

I havant upgraded to v6 yet but I think I will soon. I haven't read much about the tone matching. I currently have my Axe II run into the fx return of my 5150 head for power only then into a Peavey 4x12 cab loaded w/Sheffield & V30's.

I was hoping to use tone match to help me dial in better "nu-metal" tones & classic rock tones. But since I am not running the cab sims or into a FRFR does this mean tone match wont do what I want?

That's what I've been doing (not the loop send, but the line out of an attenuator) and it works pretty well. I run it into a DAW and just record the preamp audio, then use that as the reference tone for the Axe-Fx.

(Note: I'm entirely too much of a pansy to plug anything connected to my tube head directly into the input of my Axe-Fx.)

Back
Top Bottom