v6.0 FW metal clip (6160, Energyball, SV Bass)

Really good playing there. Looking forward to hear some more stuff from you.

Loved the drums programming. What did you use for drums?

Holy Moly that sounds good.
Why isn't my direct tone coming through as strong as this and some other amzaing clips? are you running the axe USB in preamp first before the daw? I'm running Reaper and and I have Samson Reslove monitors-not the best but pretty flat. Any tips on levels or preamps etc that you are using?

Holy Moly that sounds good.
Why isn't my direct tone coming through as strong as this and some other amzaing clips? are you running the axe USB in preamp first before the daw? I'm running Reaper and and I have Samson Reslove monitors-not the best but pretty flat. Any tips on levels or preamps etc that you are using?

Should you had a chance to listen to my earlier stuff, you would really be disappointed. No chance for you to listen to it though as I erased all the old crap completely.

Speaking of the connections, I don't connect the Axe through USB as I have a decent interface, Prism Orpheus. The instrument cable is plugged into the Orpheus and I use the Orpheus' digital output into the Axe and then the Axe's AES/EBU digital output back into the Orpheus. By doing that, I avoid unnecessary A/D-D/A additional conversion. That said, all the A/D-D/A conversion is done within the Orpheus domain.

The DAW is Logic Pro 9 running on a Mac Pro 2*2.26 Hz Quad-Core Intel Xenon.

Strangely enough, it took little time for me to adjust the stock 6160 preset to my likings. Worked a bit on the Treble/Presence controls and Gain/Master ones. That's about it. Forgot to say - I use 4*12 V30 cab impulse by OwnHammer.

Mastering done with Ozone 5 Advanced.

could you give a little bit of input on your mastering process? I have always struggled with mixing/mastering...Any tips?

cartman-kick-ass.jpg

could you give a little bit of input on your mastering process? I have always struggled with mixing/mastering...Any tips?

Well, nothing new here, just the old good rules..

First, make sure your tune sounds at its best BEFORE mastering. I mean, literally, you have to be absolutely happy with the mix except for the loudness. Mastering itself won't do miracle to a bad mix.

Second, the choice of a mastering plugin very much depends on what kind of music you're playing. Some are good for slow/ambient tunes, some are good for fast staccato riffing. For example, there's the high-end Brainworx' mastering limiter called bx XL. Costs a small fortune. While it is perfect for blues/indie/ambient/you-name-it, it is completely inappropriate for the stuff I am playing. Izotope's Ozone is a good alternative although it does color the final mix. When using the Ozone's limiter (The Maximizer), make sure the input signal doesn't clip at all. You may want to set the threshold between -6.0 and 7.5 dB, margin at 0.1 dB and - very important - the Character bar should be set as fast as possible, ideally at 0.5 - 0.7. Otherwise, you would hear some compression process artifacts. Multi-compressor is also important. I usually set the attack at 40-50 ms and the release at as fast as 9.5-9.7 ms for all the bands.

Cheers,
Chrono

Absolutely BADASS Artem! I'm very happy the Oni is in such killer hands, I've always admired your playing and hearing this put a huge smile on my face! :mrgreen Looking forward to more bro!

sounds great!
tried some grit on bass? could fill upmthe little gab between the bass and the guitars! :)

How do you like the 6160 model? It's based on a 5150 II but I'm picking up an original block letter 5150 tomorrow. I'll either re-match the existing model or add a new "PVH 6160 BLOCK" model.

This would be a interesting battle between the two? But I'm sure one will standout.... Have you thought about the newer EVH 5150III head?

Also, you could throw in a Diezel Herbert (Ch 2/Ch 3) in the testing lounge. ;)

This would be a interesting battle between the two? But I'm sure one will standout.... Have you thought about the newer EVH 5150III head?

Also, you could throw in a Diezel Herbert (Ch 2/Ch 3) in the testing lounge. ;)

I have a 5150 III on the way. Should be here next week.

Back
Top Bottom