• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

V5 Preset Banks? Did I miss something?

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
Apparently the new preset banks are out there somewhere but I must have missed their release. Where are those to be downloaded?
Thanks.

grape

Veteran
Are you sure these are the new ones? The banks inside the zip are dated November 13, 2011 5:02 PM.

s0c9

Yes, they are dated 1/26/2012 internally in the bank file, tho' not sure how they show with same date in zip file. It should have updated that parameter when created. Weird.

To confirm: Open the bank in AxeManage, select detail view and look at "Date Created" (01/26/12 vs 12/27/2012 for v4) and "Revision" (260 vs 259 for v4).

Last edited:

guitargeorge

Inspired
Are you sure these are the new ones? The banks inside the zip are dated November 13, 2011 5:02 PM.

yes they are dated November 13th (just took a looksie myself)
Are these the right ones?
It is at least remarkable that the date is november 2011. I just checked the "Shiva on the Rocks" preset and it's not correct (assuming that FAS would correct this in the v. 5 Banks)

Last edited:

s0c9

It is at least remarkable that date is november 2011. I just checked the Shiva preset and it's not correct (assuming that FAS would correct this in the v. 5 Banks)
I'm thinking they maybe did a "add/update" to the v4 presets zip, then renamed it? Either way, regardless of dates, the embedded data indicate v5 presets.

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
I've already got a large number converted manually (takes a few minutes for each, plus I can get a better idea of what the stock presets sound like), but more importantly I think that this is one of those updates where you really owe it to yourself to dial these new parameters in a bit.

Just don't cheat yourself by thinking that these are a matter of just loading into the II and play; its staggering to me how much these new parameters impact the feel and tone.

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
Yes, they are dated 1/26/2012 internally in the bank file, tho' not sure how they show with same date in zip file. It should have updated that parameter when created. Weird.

To confirm: Open the bank in AxeManage, select detail view and look at "Date Created" (01/26/12 vs 12/27/2012 for v4) and "Revision" (260 vs 259 for v4).
Mine say Revision 260, but the date for all presets is 11/13/11. Weird.

s0c9

Mine say Revision 260, but the date for all presets is 11/13/11. Weird.
I think you'll find that's the "Modified Date", not the create date. Tho'.. one would think they should be the same, or at least not have a modified date that is OLDER than the create date...

Top Bottom