V5 FW and new presets Banks installed-- Wow

Lkdog

Power User
Just wished to say Thanks and that this is by far the most enjoyable upgrade for me so far without a doubt.

I played around with FW5 a few minutes the last two nites-but no real magic to be honest.

With the new presets optimized for the FW now however by FAS, I can feel a real difference.

This has the most tube amp sponginess or springiness than anything before.

Very nice, sounds great.

Thanks to the FAS team for going through and optimizing.
I honestly have no idea what half of these new settings do and how to tweak them effectively.
I do know what sounds good, though. :)

I'm having trouble installing the new banks. It keeps freezing at 6% when installing the first preset in bank A. Anyone else having this issue?

nope worked perfectly for me, deleted all of my old banks and dialed in a new and potentially better tone based of of my old one but turned up the dynamics, speaker drive, and xformer match.....

dialed in a sweet new soaring lead tone randomly using my ear w/ in 1 minute. nice

i like the new firmware because when i turn up the above parameters i get to turn up the volume on the front of the axefx more...

Well my ears must be shot, I just loaded the new presets and I've got that god awful woofy low end & hendrix at woodstock out of control low end distortion back just like in the pre 3.4? Firmware.
I am finding this on pretty much all the first 25 raw amp presets, an extreme example is the mr z patch.

It really makes me wonder if there is something wrong with me sometimes, I start feeling all insecure wondering if it's my ears that are no good.

All I know is that the 3.4 firmware (i think thats the one) was perfect for me, all I had to do was adjust the amp eq controls, no stuffing with master volume or advanced parameters and everything sat perfectly in the mix.
But every update since has been moving slowly away from that and back to the woofy/farty low end.

No biggy I can dig in and fix things up no problem, it's just so refreshing to dial up a preset and everything sits nicely with only a few small tweaks of the amp dials.

Hey guys I want to know something. If I buy the Axe FxII like next month it would obviously be with the new firmware,that's obviously no surprise. But would they also upload the new banks,or would I have to do that myself?

So let me get this right If I have all my presets saved on bank A from the previous firmware. would they still sound the same as they were created on firmware 4 but are now in firmware 5. Do need to change anything?

Last edited:
So let me get this right If I have all my presets saved on bank A from the previous firmware. would they still sound the same as they were created on firmware 4 but are now in firmware 5. Do need to change anything?
You have to update the banks for version 5. From what I am reading is that,removing the old banks and installing all the new banks for the new FW on the support page.

You have to update the banks for version 5. From what I am reading is that,removing the old banks and installing all the new banks for the new FW on the support page.

What if you have presets that have been named and edited by yourself that aren't stock? Do i have to create everything again?

What if you have presets that have been named and edited by yourself that aren't stock? Do i have to create everything again?

If you want to bulk load the new presets as a complete bank you lose your modified presets in those slots.

If you want to audition V5 presets and only save some of them, see this link:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...loaded-already-included-firmware-upgrade.html

You can also save your V4 presets prior on your HD and reload them after the upgrade. They will still be V4 version and would only become V5 after you toggle the amp up and back AND save the preset with the V5 parameters in place. If not, next time they are V4 still.

If you want to bulk load the new presets as a complete bank you lose your modified presets in those slots.

If you want to audition V5 presets and only save some of them, see this link:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...loaded-already-included-firmware-upgrade.html

You can also save your V4 presets prior on your HD and reload them after the upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. I get all that. I just wanted to know if I reload my version 4 presets back in they aren't gonna obviously sound like version 5 so I'd have to recreate everything again? Or am I reading in to this too much and I just need to tweak some settings?

Thanks for the reply. I get all that. I just wanted to know if I reload my version 4 presets back in they aren't gonna obviously sound like version 5 so I'd have to recreate everything again? Or am I reading in to this too much and I just need to tweak some settings?
Paul, don't think you did get all that. Everything luke said was correct, and already explained in his prior post.
IF you load your own v4-created preset back onto v5, they "would only become V5 after you toggle the amp up and back AND save the preset with the V5 parameters in place. If not, next time they are V4 still."

Paul, don't think you did get all that. Everything luke said was correct, and already explained in his prior post.
IF you load your own v4-created preset back onto v5, they "would only become V5 after you toggle the amp up and back AND save the preset with the V5 parameters in place. If not, next time they are V4 still."

Right gotcha now so if toggle the amp types up and down it will load the parameters for version 5 then save etc.That's what I wanted to know. Thanks guys for bearing with me.

Back
Top Bottom