V300 Defect- what's next?

KyleUMF

Inspired
So I dont know if you read my other post

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/33310-Well-that-was-SCARY!!!-confused

I Figured out that it is my power amp that was causing the problem. Channel 2 went completely dead which caused it too sound very thin when running bridged and in stereo channel 1 would cut in and out when I pushed on the knobs a lil bit... so something was definitely screwy there...

My question now is wether I should switch power amps... The Rocktron V300 is only $369.. I see that a lot of people like the SLA2...

I am waiting to get my JBLPRX612m this week which is powered so I wont need a power amp soon except for maybe backup so maybe I should use the money for something else... any opinions?

If you or someone you know has the "know-how" and can do the repair Rocktron will send you a circuit schematic on request. I asked for one a few months ago and a gentleman named Jim Chowning replied within a few minutes with the schematic.

Honestly its only a month old... I am definitely not capable of opening up a power amp and start messing around with circuits lol, spend too much time playing music to have ever learned any of that haha. But like I said its a month old, It shouldnt have these problems and they were very cool and really easy to work with in getting me a enw one asap, or getting credit to purchase something else.

It's always wise to have a backup amplification plan of some sort, wether it's a second powered FR cab or a power amp and cab ether way you can't go wrong.

Yeah I defintiely agree, the SLA-2 is only 240$ new,thinking I will just pick that up, We have a bunch of other power amps at our rehersal spot for our PA as well that I can use as a back up back up lol

Back
Top Bottom