V2-Wolverine from Valhallir.at - Free IRs included!

Valhallir

Power User
Vendor
V2-Wolverine Wallpaper.jpg
https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-wolverine/

The V2-Wolverine is a sophistically built custom-cab and loaded with WH-80 “Wolverines”, which were produced in 1998 from Celestion™ for Marshall™ to the specs of guitarist Geoff Whitehorn. 2000 pcs. had been produced, and they were used in only two open-back combo-amplifiers to drop off the face of the earth.

Mounted in an elaborately constructed closed back, 18 mm birch-plywood-cabinet (overall weight 35 kg) and after several acoustic improvements and intensive testing, we are proud to present our biggest and most versatile 2x12 IR cab pack, as it also includes 2 additional - previously unused - WH-80 Wolverines, that we got from a guitarist a few months ago. The IR-shots with the "+" are the worn-in speakers from our first version (but completely re-shot) whereas the "virgin Wolves" sound pretty good, too.

With their 80 watts, heavy 80 oz magnets and a vintage coils they are perfect for any style of music – from ultra low-tuned 7-string stuff to funky clean a ‘la Stevie Ray.

Here are the microphones, we used for the shooting sessions:

AKG(R) D202 2-way mike from the early 80s
Sennheiser(R) e906 - dynamic microphone
Sennheiser(R) MD421 - dynamic microphone
Shure(R) SM7-B - dynamic microphone
Shure(R) SM57 - dynamic microphone
sE(R) V7X - dynamic microphone
sE(R) 4400 II - large diaphragm multipattern condenser microphone
sE(R) sE8 - small diaphragm condenser microphone (for nearfield, midfield, farfield and rear mike-shots)
AKG(R) C-414 XLS - large diaphragm multipattern microphone (for nearfield, midfield and farfield mike-shots)
Royer(R) R-121 - ribbon microphone
sE(R) VR1 - ribbon microphone

Highs without sizzeling, power without compression, perfect mids – this cab is balanced beyond recognition. It’s the “baby” from Valhallir owner Andy and is used in his progressive metal band CHAOS INSIDE in the studio and live as his personal IR-pack.

Attachments

• V2-Wolverine-d-SM7B-A8.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 27
  • V2-Wolverine-d-MD421-B4+.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 27
I'm confused... this appears to be marketed a new product, so how does it differ from the Wolverine cab pack that you've been selling for years?

I'm confused... this appears to be marketed a new product, so how does it differ from the Wolverine cab pack that you've been selling for years?
Several things have been done:
a) a complete acoustic overhaul of the existing cabinet
b) 2 additional WH-80 speakers were added to increase the amount of different cab shots
c) additional microphones, midfield and farfield IRs and the new V2-processing.

The old version was very mid-focused due to the acoustic threatment we had done for the first version. But in the last years I had the opportunity
to get a lot of great cabs in my hands.This led to this final version of my personal favorite cab. The new version has more "balls", more "bite", even
if it still has the signature mid structure, which is the reason, why I love this speakers so much.

ALL IR-shots are new, there is not even one old mic-shot from the first version in this cab pack.

Regards,
Andy

Back
Top Bottom