V2-Wolverine from Valhallir.at - Free IRs included!

Valhallir

Power User
Vendor
V2-Wolverine Wallpaper.jpg
https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-wolverine/

The V2-Wolverine is a sophistically built custom-cab and loaded with WH-80 “Wolverines”, which were produced in 1998 from Celestion™ for Marshall™ to the specs of guitarist Geoff Whitehorn. 2000 pcs. had been produced, and they were used in only two open-back combo-amplifiers to drop off the face of the earth.

Mounted in an elaborately constructed closed back, 18 mm birch-plywood-cabinet (overall weight 35 kg) and after several acoustic improvements and intensive testing, we are proud to present our biggest and most versatile 2x12 IR cab pack, as it also includes 2 additional - previously unused - WH-80 Wolverines, that we got from a guitarist a few months ago. The IR-shots with the "+" are the worn-in speakers from our first version (but completely re-shot) whereas the "virgin Wolves" sound pretty good, too.

With their 80 watts, heavy 80 oz magnets and a vintage coils they are perfect for any style of music – from ultra low-tuned 7-string stuff to funky clean a ‘la Stevie Ray.

Here are the microphones, we used for the shooting sessions:

AKG(R) D202 2-way mike from the early 80s
Sennheiser(R) e906 - dynamic microphone
Sennheiser(R) MD421 - dynamic microphone
Shure(R) SM7-B - dynamic microphone
Shure(R) SM57 - dynamic microphone
sE(R) V7X - dynamic microphone
sE(R) 4400 II - large diaphragm multipattern condenser microphone
sE(R) sE8 - small diaphragm condenser microphone (for nearfield, midfield, farfield and rear mike-shots)
AKG(R) C-414 XLS - large diaphragm multipattern microphone (for nearfield, midfield and farfield mike-shots)
Royer(R) R-121 - ribbon microphone
sE(R) VR1 - ribbon microphone

Highs without sizzeling, power without compression, perfect mids – this cab is balanced beyond recognition. It’s the “baby” from Valhallir owner Andy and is used in his progressive metal band CHAOS INSIDE in the studio and live as his personal IR-pack.

Attachments

• V2-Wolverine-d-SM7B-A8.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 145
  • V2-Wolverine-d-MD421-B4+.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 137
I recently started using the Shiver models a lot, clean and lead. The original Shiva depends on a Classic Lead speaker so I tried the stock ones, but didn’t find one to my liking. I then tried a Wolverine (V1) and that combo really rocks, mids blasting through the (FR) speakers. I used the SM7.

Glad to see that there’s a V2 now, including the R121 mic. Will buy and try tomorrow.

I recently started using the Shiver models a lot, clean and lead. The original Shiva depends on a Classic Lead speaker so I tried the stock ones, but didn’t find one to my liking. I then tried a Wolverine (V1) and that combo really rocks, mids blasting through the (FR) speakers. I used the SM7.

Glad to see that there’s a V2 now, including the R121 mic. Will buy and try tomorrow.
The SM7-B is also one of my personal faves. There is not even one cabpack from the beginning of Valhallir.at , where we did not use it.
The WH-80 Wolverines have a very unique midrange. I always say, it's a chimaera of a Black Shadow MC-90, a Classic Lead and a G12-H30. :cool:
I changed a lot in the cab construction of the first version of the cab. Now it's just there, where I wanted it to be. One of the most underrated speakers ever built.

The FAQ for the V1 pack says:

1= direct, aggressive, bold
2= very balanced and smooth, our most favourite setting
3= open, light

This doesn't apply to V2, I guess?

The FAQ for the V1 pack says:

1= direct, aggressive, bold (In your face, Mike)
2= very balanced and smooth, our most favourite setting
3= open, light

This doesn't apply to V2, I guess?
No. I'm already working on a new manual and the RTFM's.

As every guitar sound is set different, I have noticed, that the people get better results by checking our "Selection" Folder first, to find "their" mic-flavour. The IRs in the selection folder could be described as "2" Position.

I plan to release a complete manual and a short video tutorial for our new V2-packs, if there are any further questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to write me.

Thanks for your purchase, and I hope you have fun with the pack.

I think I’ve already settled on SM7B-A8+

Which you already have provided for free above, I just saw ... LOL

I think I’ve already settled on SM7B-A8+

Which you already have provided for free above, I just saw ... LOL
That's one of the IRs I'm using in my own Dual Amp/Cab setup. The one with the "+' belongs to the pair of speakers, we already used in the first Wolverine cab pack!!

Btw...The free one is one of the IRs from a previously unused pair of WH-80's, we added to the pack, that I bought from a guitarist this year. He never played them. Changed them against a pair of V30, when he got the TSL602 Combo. Good for me, good for you! ;-)

Last edited:
View attachment 60676

Il V2-Wolverine è un taxi personalizzato costruito in modo sofisticato e caricato con "Wolverines" WH-80, prodotti nel 1998 da Celestion™ per Marshall™ secondo le specifiche del chitarrista Geoff Whitehorn. 2000 pz. era stato prodotto e sono stati usati solo in due amplificatori combo aperti per cadere dalla faccia della terra.

Montato in un cabinet chiuso da 18 mm in multistrato di betulla con fondo elaborato (peso complessivo 35 kg) e dopo numerosi miglioramenti acustici e test intensivi, siamo orgogliosi di presentare il nostro pacchetto di cabine IR 2x12 IR più grande e versatile, in quanto include anche 2 ulteriori - precedentemente inutilizzate - WH-80 Wolverines, che abbiamo ricevuto da un chitarrista qualche mese fa. Gli scatti IR con il "+" sono gli altoparlanti logori della nostra prima versione (ma completamente rifatti) mentre anche i "virgin Wolves" suonano abbastanza bene.

Con i loro 80 watt, i pesanti magneti da 80 once e le bobine vintage, sono perfetti per qualsiasi stile di musica, dalle cose a 7 corde ultra basse al funky clean a 'la Stevie Ray.

Ecco i microfoni che abbiamo utilizzato per le sessioni di ripresa:

AKG(R) D202 microfono a 2 vie dei primi anni '80
Sennheiser® e906 - microfono dinamico
Sennheiser® MD421 - microfono dinamico
Shure(R) SM7-B - microfono dinamico
Shure(R) SM57 - microfono dinamico
sE(R) V7X - microfono dinamico
sE(R) 4400 II - microfono a condensatore multipattern a diaframma largo
sE(R) sE8 - microfono a condensatore a diaframma piccolo (per riprese nearfield, midfield, farfield e retro)
AKG(R) C-414 XLS - microfono multipattern a diaframma largo (per riprese nearfield, midfield e farfield)
Royer(R) R-121 - microfono a nastro
sE(R) VR1 - microfono a nastro

Alti senza sfrigolare, potenza senza compressione, medi perfetti: questa cabina è bilanciata oltre il riconoscimento. È il "bambino" del proprietario di Valhallir Andy ed è utilizzato nella sua band progressive metal CHAOS INSIDE in studio e dal vivo come suo pacchetto IR personale.
Grazie per l'omaggio

Anyway to get these in 4800 24bit 200ms wave format
The V2-Wolverine cabpack not only incudes 170 ms and 500 ms IRs, even the 1370 ms folder has been included to it. Customers, who bought them before the update can download the 1370ms folder for free in their accounts.

View attachment 60676

Il V2-Wolverine è un taxi personalizzato costruito in modo sofisticato e caricato con "Wolverines" WH-80, prodotti nel 1998 da Celestion™ per Marshall™ secondo le specifiche del chitarrista Geoff Whitehorn. 2000 pz. era stato prodotto e sono stati usati solo in due amplificatori combo aperti per cadere dalla faccia della terra.

Montato in un cabinet chiuso da 18 mm in multistrato di betulla con fondo elaborato (peso complessivo 35 kg) e dopo numerosi miglioramenti acustici e test intensivi, siamo orgogliosi di presentare il nostro pacchetto di cabine IR 2x12 IR più grande e versatile, in quanto include anche 2 ulteriori - precedentemente inutilizzate - WH-80 Wolverines, che abbiamo ricevuto da un chitarrista qualche mese fa. Gli scatti IR con il "+" sono gli altoparlanti logori della nostra prima versione (ma completamente rifatti) mentre anche i "virgin Wolves" suonano piuttosto bene.

Con i loro 80 watt, i pesanti magneti da 80 once e le bobine vintage, sono perfetti per qualsiasi stile di musica, dalle cose a 7 corde ultra basse al funky clean a 'la Stevie Ray.

Ecco i microfoni che abbiamo utilizzato per le sessioni di ripresa:

AKG(R) D202 microfono a 2 vie dei primi anni '80
Sennheiser® e906 - microfono dinamico
Sennheiser® MD421 - microfono dinamico
Shure(R) SM7-B - microfono dinamico
Shure(R) SM57 - microfono dinamico
sE(R) V7X - microfono dinamico
sE(R) 4400 II - microfono a condensatore multipattern a diaframma largo
sE(R) sE8 - microfono a condensatore a diaframma piccolo (per riprese nearfield, midfield, farfield e retro)
AKG(R) C-414 XLS - microfono multipattern a diaframma largo (per riprese nearfield, midfield e farfield)
Royer(R) R-121 - microfono a nastro
sE(R) VR1 - microfono a nastro

Alti senza sfrigolare, potenza senza compressione, medi perfetti: questa cabina è bilanciata oltre il riconoscimento. È il "bambino" del proprietario di Valhallir Andy ed è utilizzato nella sua band progressive metal CHAOS INSIDE in studio e dal vivo come suo pacchetto IR personale.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom