IRs Valhallir Master Thread - New cab pack V2-Camo!

Third-party impulse response pack
Hey @Valhallir! I've been looking for an IR pack that captures the typical 'G12-65s in a 2x12' sound that's popular for tones in the vein of Michael Landau, John Mayer, Robben Ford, Oz Noy and others in that camp. Two Rock cabs are quite well known for this sound. Think Fender Blackface and Dumble sounds popular especially in jazz-blues circles.

Is the V2-Rocky a good choice for this?
Definitely! Also take a look at the V2-Red Special for Dumbelistic sounds.

Definitely! Also take a look at the V2-Red Special for Dumbelistic sounds.

I do plan to check that out at some point as well, very intriguing configuration in that pack.

For now, I feel like the G12-65 is a key ingredient in a lot of my favourite tones and I don't have any IRs that use that speaker. I also see that your V2-JCM1980 pack has G12-65s as well. What are the main differences between the sound of the JCM1980 and the Rocky? And what do you think would be a better pick between the two for the sounds I described earlier?

I do plan to check that out at some point as well, very intriguing configuration in that pack.

For now, I feel like the G12-65 is a key ingredient in a lot of my favourite tones and I don't have any IRs that use that speaker. I also see that your V2-JCM1980 pack has G12-65s as well. What are the main differences between the sound of the JCM1980 and the Rocky? And what do you think would be a better pick between the two for the sounds I described earlier?
The V2-JCM1980 is more the fat, meaty rock pig. The Rocky is more focused.

This one's for you Metalheads:
https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-mofo/

Based on measurements of an oversized Marshall® Mode Four MF400a, loaded with 4 Celestion™ G12K-100 speakers, the V2-Mofo represents our new benchmark for heavy and aggressive stuff. A fat low end, paired with aggressive and focused mids will cut through any mix and let our (slightly modified) V2-Mofo shine with High Gain amps and low tuned guitars.

This cab pack also contains a folder of 12 signature IR-mixes, created by longtime Valhallir user Marcus Siepen from the legendary German Metal-Band
BLIND GUARDIAN, who instantly fell in love with the V2-Mofo. His signature mixes have replaced ALL other impulse responses in his setups.
Follow him on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marcussiepen/

V2-Mofo wallpaper.jpg

Attachments

• V2-Instacube Marcus Text.jpg
    V2-Instacube Marcus Text.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 17
  • V2-Mofo Instacube back open.jpg
    V2-Mofo Instacube back open.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 17
This one's for you Metalheads:
https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-mofo/

Based on measurements of an oversized Marshall® Mode Four MF400a, loaded with 4 Celestion™ G12K-100 speakers, the V2-Mofo represents our new benchmark for heavy and aggressive stuff. A fat low end, paired with aggressive and focused mids will cut through any mix and let our (slightly modified) V2-Mofo shine with High Gain amps and low tuned guitars.

This cab pack also contains a folder of 12 signature IR-mixes, created by longtime Valhallir user Marcus Siepen from the legendary German Metal-Band
BLIND GUARDIAN, who instantly fell in love with the V2-Mofo. His signature mixes have replaced ALL other impulse responses in his setups.
Follow him on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marcussiepen/

View attachment 80265
Hi,

Picked this up - not seeing the signature mixes. Can you help me locate them?

Thanks.

Hi, likely a dumb question on the Boa pack but asking anyway. If I want to hear the scumback speaker in isolation, I load the IRs labeled “D“ in the close mic folder? For ambient mic folder, I assume there is no such thing and you get a blend of all 4?

Speaker D in the V2-Boa is the Scumbacks, yes. And there are midfield shots with the focus an the single speakers, too. So, look at the V2-Boa shots with MF in the name.

Here we go with something special for the “no gain-low gain”-fraction! A 59′ Bassman! Owned by the austrian pro-guitarist Conrad Schrenk and
loaded with 2 Eminence Alnico Blue 10″ and 2 Alnico Gold 10″ speaker, it’s the right stuff for mild styles like Jazz, Blues, Country, Funk or even low gain rock.

This cab pack also includes IR-mixes, created by pro-guitarist Conrad Schrenk/Austria and guitarist/songwriter Al Rivero from Spain!

Here you will find it:
https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-leo59/
V2-Leo59 wallpaper final.jpg

fwiw... I picked up this cab the other day. seems like it is a tuned cab which in theory should result in a pretty neutral response... and it does... but there is some nice character in there as well.
I wish there was a separate ir of the tweeter... but other than that def recommended.

fwiw... I picked up this cab the other day. seems like it is a tuned cab which in theory should result in a pretty neutral response... and it does... but there is some nice character in there as well.
I wish there was a separate ir of the tweeter... but other than that def recommended.
You should find IRs of the tweeter in this cab pack. We did some shots of the tweeter with 2 different microphones, as far as I remember.

You should find IRs of the tweeter in this cab pack. We did some shots of the tweeter with 2 different microphones, as far as I remember.
I apologize, I must have missed them. will look when I get home and appreciate your correction. that makes it a 10 in my book. thank you again.

ahh, I see it now... I stand corrected: in the 'close mics' folder. I was looking in 'selection folder' and in your defense a I can understand why a tweater wouldn't make a 'balanced' selection.

will have to create some new mixes including the tweater. My hope was that I could get close to what I hear from my greenboy speakers. they are 15/6/Tweater (kappalite) but have a very similar 'clean-ness' to them in the mids. Awesomesauce - thank you again for a great product.

ahh, I see it now... I stand corrected: in the 'close mics' folder. I was looking in 'selection folder' and in your defense a I can understand why a tweater wouldn't make a 'balanced' selection.

will have to create some new mixes including the tweater. My hope was that I could get close to what I hear from my greenboy speakers. they are 15/6/Tweater (kappalite) but have a very similar 'clean-ness' to them in the mids. Awesomesauce - thank you again for a great product.
Have fun and let me know how you like it with the Tweeter

Back
Top Bottom