IRs Valhallir Master Thread - New cab pack V2-Camo!

Third-party impulse response pack
No sweat! I actually came to that conclusion, after posting. Doh. Lol. I will adjust as I need, so no need to spend your time adjusting on my behalf. Thanks again for sharing. 👍👊

Please excuse me if I'm being blind, but I didn't see a place on your website to hear a recording of these IR's. I'd love to hear some with some 80's hair metal.

Please excuse me if I'm being blind, but I didn't see a place on your website to hear a recording of these IR's. I'd love to hear some with some 80's hair metal.
We have to sort out clips, as the cab pack was only available with the Marco Fanton Selection Pack. But you should also take a look at the V2-JCM1980 clips, this 4x12 cab is loaded with even 4 of this nice G12-65 speakers.

We have to sort out clips, as the cab pack was only available with the Marco Fanton Selection Pack. But you should also take a look at the V2-JCM1980 clips, this 4x12 cab is loaded with even 4 of this nice G12-65 speakers.
I bought that one from you when it first came out. Does this one sound similar or does it have it's own vibe going on?

I bought that one from you when it first came out. Does this one sound similar or does it have it's own vibe going on?
The difference is not like night and day, but I would say, that the Rocky is a bit more focused, while the V-JCM1980 has a bit more low end.

Here we go with our 2nd bass cab IR-pack:

V2-C-Bra, the 2×12″ Signature bass cab from Chaos Inside's bass player Petra Grooves!
V2-C-Bra Wallpaper.jpg

2 Eminence® Basslite 12″ Woofer und 1 Eminence® ATP80-V2 Tweeter in a custom made chassis made from finest birch multiplex

deliver a tight and focused low end and extremely clean mids, that cut through the mix.
The aim was to build a very lightweight cab (Basslite Neodym speakers are only 1,9 kg!), which is still able to produce enough sound
pressure for bigger stages and keep up with the Drop A tuned longscale 5-string basses of Petra.

As you can hear from the soundfiles, this cab is useable for all styles, from Death Metal to Hard Rock and even Funk.

https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-c-bra/

Last edited:
I am interested in this cab for some reason. Maybe because it has Bob Rock's name attached to it. haha question: what's the reason for including the resonate frequency (112 Hz)? Is that a recommended Axe Fx setting? Apologies if this is obvious.

I am interested in this cab for some reason. Maybe because it has Bob Rock's name attached to it. haha question: what's the reason for including the resonate frequency (112 Hz)? Is that a recommended Axe Fx setting? Apologies if this is obvious.
You can insert the resonance frequency in the advanced parameter area of the amp block, for more "real live" accuracy. But in the end it's just a matter of taste, if you like to tune to real-live parameters or not. As far as I know, the Axefx is still the only hardware modeller, where you can do this.

Hi,

Vendor rules dictate that each vendor can have a single thread going on. That thread can include multiple products. So please keep product announcements together in a single thread.

Thanks

I used used the 4x12 basketweave and set it to 112 hz

You've sold me on your IR's I've been searching hard for what is in my head and you guys nailed it. I am grinning from ear to ear........... I used very little eq or compression recording some tracks today and it sits perfectly in the mix V2-Rocky MTP-A1 with 4400-MF1 and C414-A-MF blended in. I got hire to do a Bon Jovi Tribute band and this is perfect with the Herbert, Small Box and 59 Bassman jumped

Hey @Valhallir! I've been looking for an IR pack that captures the typical 'G12-65s in a 2x12' sound that's popular for tones in the vein of Michael Landau, John Mayer, Robben Ford, Oz Noy and others in that camp. Two Rock cabs are quite well known for this sound. Think Fender Blackface and Dumble sounds popular especially in jazz-blues circles.

Is the V2-Rocky a good choice for this?

Back
Top Bottom