V2-JCM1980 by Valhallir.at - Free IR included!

Valhallir

Power User
Vendor
Back to the 80's!!!

Based on measurements from a Marshall™ 1960B™ JCM800™ from 1980, loaded

with Celestion™ G12-65 Speakers, this cab has extremly focused mids and will "bite" through the mix in every situation.

Rock/Hard Rock/80's/90's Metal pure! But it also can be very funky and represents the british JCM800 domination like no

other cab in its era.

https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-jcm1980/

The original cab is owned by Naca7-singer/guitarist Simon Jahn and has seen countless stages in several countries. http://www.naca7.com

It belongs the "Naca7 cab series" which consists of the V2-MB1992 and the upcoming V2-SV410E and V2-SV15E bass IR cab packs.

V2-JCM1980 wallpaper lowres.jpg

Attachments

• V2-JCM1980-d-e906-B2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 128
I've been looking for one of those cabs for 12 years (funny since I stopped using cabs once I bought my mark I Axe-ii back in the waitlist days :) THANKS for sharing!!!

I've been looking for one of those cabs for 12 years (funny since I stopped using cabs once I bought my mark I Axe-ii back in the waitlist days :) THANKS for sharing!!!
This one is a very special one. I have never had a better G12-65 loaded cab in my hands than this. We already hat a JCM pack with G12-65's, but it can't come up with the "red". Completely insane.

This one is a very special one. I have never had a better G12-65 loaded cab in my hands than this. We already hat a JCM pack with G12-65's, but it can't come up with the "red". Completely insane.
That's nice to hear! Most of the previous G12-65 impulses you released had some really nasty frequencies with JCM 800. I finally ended up changing it to the G12-T75 from your collection.

Are you gonna redo the JCM1981 G12-65 impulse pack? It's not available anymore in your web shop.

That's nice to hear! Most of the previous G12-65 impulses you released had some really nasty frequencies with JCM 800. I finally ended up changing it to the G12-T75 from your collection.

Are you gonna redo the JCM1981 G12-65 impulse pack? It's not available anymore in your web shop.
We will not reshoot the JCM1981 (also not the T75-loaded one). Between the JCM1981 and the V2-JCM1980 are WORLDs soundwise. It would make absolutely no sense, as the the cab from the NACA7 singer has tonal qualities that the 1981 cab lacks in almost every way.
With our previously re-shot V2-MB1992 it was a different story. The cab is just perfect, we just made better shots, a new processing and additional mikes.

Regards,
Andy from Valhallir.at

Back
Top Bottom