V15 presets

kevrock

Experienced
I just undated to v15. And I saved my old patches for live. Then updated all my banks back to stock with the updated for 15 presets. Then my kids needed me so I didn't get to jam. I was just wondering. How good are the new 15 presets. I was hoping they would be good enough for me to use live. I mainly play in a classic rock,hair metal,and some new metal cover band. So what are your opinions on the new stock presets. Thanks.

I went though the stock presets and loved them so much that I started saving the amps and cabs from the presets I liked as blocks. Then I went to my preset template and imported the saved blocks to use those same setting and amp/cab combinations. Lots of great presets and choices. Give them a try.

Jcm800 and Friedman are awesome. So is the splawn quick rod

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went though the stock presets and loved them so much that I started saving the amps and cabs from the presets I liked as blocks. Then I went to my preset template and imported the saved blocks to use those same setting and amp/cab combinations. Lots of great presets and choices. Give them a try.

Jcm800 and Friedman are awesome. So is the splawn quick rod

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is what I was hoping for. Thanks.

I tried the first couple of patches (Bassguy etc) and was shocked by a harsh distorted sound. Quickly checked my input levels and assignments and was a bit worried until I thought to check the MV on those amps - I don't remember them being dimed before, but as soon as I backed it off a bit I got the kind of sounds I was expecting. Of course one guitarist's "harsh distorted sound" is another's sonic nirvana...

But yes, the patches are great. Tweak to taste as always.

Edit: upgraded to 15.02 and now have no problem with those "problem" patches :)
FAS FTW!

Last edited:
I've had the AFXII for about 4 months now (since FW12) and while I've been able to hack together good sounds (with considerable time/effort), it never sounded great - until today. Upgraded to FW 15.02 and replaced all patches with v15 ones and I am sufficiently blown away. I had a blast for a couple hours until I woke the baby ;-) I especially liked JCM800, USA Clean, Friedman HBE, Plexi Treble & Maz38.

Back
Top Bottom