V14 seriously metal recording patches.

theo

Experienced
Hey guys,

Here are my two patches for recording rhythm and leads with V14.
Try turning boost and saturation OFF in the lead preset to get some really cool fusion tones.

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Theo's Recording Rhythm - by theo
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Theo's Recording Lead - by theo

Pair with this cab

Axe-Change - Download 4x12 - GuitarHack ThisOne (V30) - by fremen

These are my first uploads so I'd love some feedback.
Created on an Ibanez S series with dimarzio illuminators and an RG with CL/LF set.

Last edited:
That's my intention, But I have injured my right hand index finger and can't hold a pick at the moment which makes things really difficult.

Here we go - I hope I'm not miss-representing Theo's patch building ability here, cause this patch is fucking awesome IMO

Nothing touched on his patch at all, no post processing done, no mastering done
quad tracked - L 100%, L 50%, R 50%, R 100%
a center Layers track - used for the intro and for the clean bits (same patch, just x/y'ed the amp for the Shiva Clean) - they peak like crazy, CBF fixing it, deal with it 8)

Enjoy

I think the 'bass' tone is what's going on there, It's not reinforcing the guitars like you'd hear with a real bass.

I'm working on clean and bass patches next to go with these tones.

Played a little guitar last night. I'll record something not too technical soon to demo these.
Also I changed the HBE amp to FAS brootalz. Decent Improvement. Highly recommend.

Played a little guitar last night. I'll record something not too technical soon to demo these.
Also I changed the HBE amp to FAS brootalz. Decent Improvement. Highly recommend.

I modified the patch for my main "live" sound and went for the 5153 red and canned the second amp line and it sounds awesome.

yeah, my mixing skills suck pretty hard, so that recording isn't going to give you the best idea of what it will be like - that and it's going to sound different for you anyway, depending on your guitar/pickups

It's pretty rough, Haven't played guitar in a few weeks now, but here's the best I could in one take without practicing haha

Back
Top Bottom