Bug? V12.02 Causes very slow boot (NOT A BUG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo

Experienced
After upgrading my firmware to V12.02 my boot times have more than doubled.
Anyone else experiencing this symptom? I'll re install the firmware tonight an see if that changes anything.

I've also noticed that If I am strumming my guitar whilst the axe fx is powering on I'll hear a direct signal passing through the unit, not sure if that always existed or if it's new. Not complaining, just an observation.

Last edited by a moderator:
'boot times have more than doubled'... same here, it went from 2 seconds to 3-4 seconds. And just as Chris mentioned, it has already been documented.

The 'direct signal' can be any number of things, you may have the bypass button pressed or if you are using headphones, your guitar body may have been touching the cable to your headphones which will cause the same issue. If none of these apply, I would just reset your patch to default or use one of the factory settings for testing purposes because your preset may have experienced some changes (maybe the dry signal is being pushed through in the cab block - air parameter if I remember correctly - if that even exists anymore).

i guess my question is so what?? how does it affect anything?? outside of the "ermahgerd i'll die if i don't play my Axe within the next 2.5 seconds" scenario, i can't see the problem....or how it is a bug of any kind...

My apologies, I had a look around but didn't see anything regarding the boot times. There's no problem, I just wanted to know if this was usualy behaviour or if something wasn't functioning correctly.

As for the direct signal, it only happens whilst the axe fx is going through bootup, interestingly enough it will occur even if the output 1 and 2 knobs are both turned all the way down. The axe fx is definitely not bypassed as my patch loads up as normal once the boot procedure is complete and no I'm not using headphones.

If I remeber correctly another user may have had a similar issue several months or even years ago. Dont quote me but I seek to recall that that person had to contact support for a possible hardware issue. I could be absolutely wrong on this so email support.

With the DI signal passing? I'm honestly not fussed and unless I have more serious issues I don't really want to go without my axe fx.

...I need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom