V10 Update

Lamas class is so he can properly give birth to FW10.

I sure hope FW10 is great because Cliff won't won't be allowed time to work on it any more, or do anything really, once the baby arrives. Nothing but diapers, bottle feedings, sleep deprivation and dealing with the overtired, angry-all-the-time spouse who it turns out has always been quietly jealous because you still have passion for an activity that has nothing to do with her, and will become more and more outspoken and at times aggressively against all the hours you want to put in to something that has no direct benefit to her or the baby.

Wait.. I mean.. um.. Congrats Cliff! It's the best thing ever!

Avid - Eleven Rack charged for their last update. Most companies (guitar processor/modeling) just do a few firmware updates stretch over a long period of time, then release new hardware.
there are notable exceptions, Fractal being one of them.

Also, Line 6 charges for new amps and fx. For instance, the "Add-on" section of their site with the "Fx Junkie", "Metal Shop", "Bass Expansion", etc... it's $50 for a model pack + $100 for the bass expansion. If you buy all 3 model packs, it's $100 and still $100 for the bass expansion.

Thanks Cliff.

Now when you say Lamar's class, do you mean lamaz class?
I think he means
185px-Lamar.jpg

I got the "leaked" v10 beta because I just happened to jump on the forum about a minute after somebody found the link (no malice intended; I just followed the link and installed it before I knew that it wasn't official so...) and I can say with 100% certainty that it is going to blow people away. I was considering getting rid of my axe fx rig but I wouldn't dream of it now.

I've been holding my tongue because I didn't want to stir the pot but holy shitballs does v10 rock. I'm very interested to see and hear what the community here thinks because it literally made me do a 180 in relation to changing my rig. And this is through some measly EV LiveX monitors, mind you. I can only imagine what you guys with the high end stuff will hear.

Also, it's funny how quickly I can create patches now from the front panel. It used to be that I felt programming would be a hindrance to spontaneous creative process but it's easier than pedals and an amp now. I'm looking forward to Axe Edit but damn does it pay to know how to work the front panel.

Cool. Very excited to get this.

Also, Line 6 charges for new amps and fx. For instance, the "Add-on" section of their site with the "Fx Junkie", "Metal Shop", "Bass Expansion", etc... it's $50 for a model pack + $100 for the bass expansion. If you buy all 3 model packs, it's $100 and still $100 for the bass expansion.

That's how they get you, with the after purchase upsale. pay now or later. All I know, is that I'm buying whatever Fractal offers.

Looking good for release tomorrow. Only one minor bug reported and that has been fixed. I had to go to Lamars class tonight so I didn't get to finish the one remaining amp but I should be able to finish that tomorrow.

"Lamars" is for engineers about to give birth to a major software release. :)

"Lamars" is for engineers about to give birth to a major software release. :)

But seriously Cliff, if you're serious and your wife is expecting, blessings on your growing family. :)

And for the community here, get ready for a "slightly" altered schedule of releases and updates. :)

Hmm, i see a lot of green dots next to user names. why so busy? Shame today's date isn't the...10th.

So, what's the time in New Hampshire? It's just over six in the evening here in Norway, the kids are going to bed, midnight sun is up, polar bears wandering about in the streets, so I'm ready to roll!

Back
Top Bottom