V10 Update

Would someone pinch me???? Okay....don't do that, that'd be weird.

Thank you Cliff and congrats on your other imminent endeavor!

Or is it "soon"?

Many other companies do offer great service, but honestly, have you ever seen Line 6 or Digitech etc go to the extent Fractal does? Their products don't even come close.

No, but other companies do offer great service, so in that sense, Fractal are not unique. Great/good/excellent/etc but, not unique.

FWIW, I currently have no need for and nothing to do with Line6 or Digitech, however, I'll restate that, at least here in Australia (not Austria......), these experiences are very much dependent on the distributor, not the manufacturer.
By way of example, previously, I had excellent results and service over and above the norm from one of them (though I'll not say which), until they changed distributors. Now that they have new distributors, every single dealing with them sucks a large one and is like pulling teeth.

Cheers,
Mo.

Looking good for release tomorrow. Only one minor bug reported and that has been fixed. I had to go to Lamars class tonight so I didn't get to finish the one remaining amp but I should be able to finish that tomorrow.

congrats to you and anyone else having a child

Congratulations Cliff!! I bet your wife is hating that you are doing all this work and not spending too much time with her! ;)

Please send her our apologies and the greetings :)

Congratulations Cliff! Being a Dad is the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope that being a papa brings you much joy, and that your wife and child are healthy and happy.

All the best,
Scott

Looking good for release tomorrow. Only one minor bug reported and that has been fixed. I had to go to Lamars class tonight so I didn't get to finish the one remaining amp but I should be able to finish that tomorrow.

This will be worth the wait! Really looking forward to the update. Thanks for the crazy amount of time and work FAS has put into this.

He must know someone named Lamar who was giving a class. :lol

Michael Anthony Lamar born in 1965 is the master of tone that taught Cliff a lot of what he knows today. I was in the same class as him and he always taught: "Even if it goes to 11, make it a perfect 10." That was his mantra.

No, but other companies do offer great service, so in that sense, Fractal are not unique. Great/good/excellent/etc but, not unique.

FWIW, I currently have no need for and nothing to do with Line6 or Digitech, however, I'll restate that, at least here in Australia (not Austria......), these experiences are very much dependent on the distributor, not the manufacturer.
By way of example, previously, I had excellent results and service over and above the norm from one of them (though I'll not say which), until they changed distributors. Now that they have new distributors, every single dealing with them sucks a large one and is like pulling teeth.

Cheers,
Mo.

I really don't get this, and I chip in here only because I think these kinds of responses are unfair to the guys putting a lot of effort in to what I perceive as amazing and unique service. First, you have to sort out what you mean. You must not confuse Fractal's service, which is the matter of discussion here, and the distributors. In Europe, G66 push the box (incidentally with amazing customer support and service), but all the updates comes from Fractal directly. The distributors may or may not suck, but FAS, meaing Cliff & the crew at Fractal provide the software directly, as this is a computer.

Having established what we really discuss, let's move on. In your opinion Fractal's service is not unique. Ok, let's compare. FAS are in the intersection between music and technology. Who compares with FAS? Line 6? No, they aim at a totally different segment, charges for new amps, and develop their stuff at a slow pace compared with FAS. Add to this that they are way behind when it comes to sound quality. Avid's Eleven Rack? Well, here, the hot discussion is whether or not they have abandoned the product entirely. They also charge for extras. Kemper? Perhaps; they have a forum and update regularly, but I think this actually is more or less due to demands from a bunch of players looking to the vibrant community surrounding FAS. Also, Kemper, although delivering a good product, is slower, way behind when it comes to effects, which has been a frustration for long. In addition to this, Christoph Kemper has stated that the core product, the technology behind grabbing the sounds and the sounds coming out of the box, is fully developed. What I've experienced the four years I've owned and played the Axe is a really good product continuously developing, some small steps and some giant leaps, and most likely will do in the years ahead. And we get to suggest features, and the updates are free. In fact, I'd gladly pay for both major and minor updates. The team at Fractal (the core + the loosely connected (beta testers etc) and the experts (Yek, Scott, etc)) are always participating in discussions, helping out, suggesting, making patches etc. In what world is this not unique?

I really don't get this, and I chip in here only because I think these kinds of responses are unfair to the guys putting a lot of effort in to what I perceive as amazing and unique service. First, you have to sort out what you mean. You must not confuse Fractal's service, which is the matter of discussion here, and the distributors. In Europe, G66 push the box (incidentally with amazing customer support and service), but all the updates comes from Fractal directly. The distributors may or may not suck, but FAS, meaing Cliff & the crew at Fractal provide the software directly, as this is a computer.

Having established what we really discuss, let's move on. In your opinion Fractal's service is not unique. Ok, let's compare. FAS are in the intersection between music and technology. Who compares with FAS? Line 6? No, they aim at a totally different segment, charges for new amps, and develop their stuff at a slow pace compared with FAS. Add to this that they are way behind when it comes to sound quality. Avid's Eleven Rack? Well, here, the hot discussion is whether or not they have abandoned the product entirely. They also charge for extras. Kemper? Perhaps; they have a forum and update regularly, but I think this actually is more or less due to demands from a bunch of players looking to the vibrant community surrounding FAS. Also, Kemper, although delivering a good product, is slower, way behind when it comes to effects, which has been a frustration for long. In addition to this, Christoph Kemper has stated that the core product, the technology behind grabbing the sounds and the sounds coming out of the box, is fully developed. What I've experienced the four years I've owned and played the Axe is a really good product continuously developing, some small steps and some giant leaps, and most likely will do in the years ahead. And we get to suggest features, and the updates are free. In fact, I'd gladly pay for both major and minor updates. The team at Fractal (the core + the loosely connected (beta testers etc) and the experts (Yek, Scott, etc)) are always participating in discussions, helping out, suggesting, making patches etc. In what world is this not unique?

OK. I'm not after an argument, though you appear to be set on an "us vs them" course, and I was only stating my opinion based on my experience with not only audio gear, but also businesses outside of "guitar stuff". I made no mention of Kemper, for example (and which I also have experience with, BTW).
You disagree, that's fine with me, we are both entitled to our opinions, it makes no difference to me or to the value or quality of the Fractal product, which I, as you, like.

As you said in your first line "to what I perceive". I have perceived differently, I have dealings with some excellent businesses in terms of their service, I am not you, and this is not a pissing contest, is it?

Cheers,
Mo.

Congrats Cliff. I have a Son (soon 12 years old) Best thing in the world ;)
And we often talk about the Axe fx,hehe
He Plays it to..
Looking forward to Fw 10 and Axe edit

Thanks!

OK. I'm not after an argument, though you appear to be set on an "us vs them" course, and I was only stating my opinion based on my experience with not only audio gear, but also businesses outside of "guitar stuff". I made no mention of Kemper, for example (and which I also have experience with, BTW).
You disagree, that's fine with me, we are both entitled to our opinions, it makes no difference to me or to the value or quality of the Fractal product, which I, as you, like.

As you said in your first line "to what I perceive". I have perceived differently, I have dealings with some excellent businesses in terms of their service, I am not you, and this is not a pissing contest, is it?

Cheers,
Mo.

No pissing contest, no "us vs them" (I happily use equipment from many companies on a daily basis, including Kemper), just stating my opinion ;) All is good, the sun is shining and V10 is just around the corner ;)

Back
Top Bottom