V10 Update

Count-Sesame-Street-1.jpg

And more ashes into the fire!

I'm curious if there is any significant change in the layout and use of Axe Edit? If so, is there any documentation that we can look at to prepare for when it drops?

If the video that Adam did is any indication, it looks the same with scenes support added.

Ok, good. Now, for the love of God and all that is right in the world, please please please heed this advice for the next firmware: no previews, no teaser "updates" about what you're working on, no "soon"s or "very soon"s. Just shut the hell up, work on it until it's good and ready, and then release it. It will be a nice surprise and everyone will still kiss Cliff's ass just as much and be just as happy. That way, you will avoid the ridiculous, unnecessary idiocy that this has become and you won't alienate a good chunk of your user base.

I'm not alienated. Are you alienated? Is anyone else alienated? Perhaps you just FEEL alienated. I don't feel alienated. Does anyone else feel alienated? If you feel alienated, perhaps it is because you feel left out. Perhaps like when you didn't get picked first or second to be on the team at recess? Perhaps these feelings of alienation have nothing to do with Fractal and the anticipation of a new firmware, but have more to do with the feeling of being left out. Perhaps you can find a good therapist to help you?

Just trying to be helpful.

In between all of the hysteria, much of it being purely for fun, a lot of good information has been disseminated because of all the V10 posts. I feel comfortable to jump in and install the new version right away, and I have a strategy for how I will migrate my presets over to V10. Had the upgrade just been dumped on us, I would have had a "holy shit! what now?" mental breakdown.

To quote Jon Anderson

Yes

SOON
Songwriters: ANDERSON, JON

(From Relayer: the Gates of Delirium)

Soon oh soon the light
Pass within and soothe the endless night
And wait here for you
Our reason to be here

Soon oh soon the time
All we move to gain will reach and calm
Our heart is open
Our reason to be here

Long ago, set into rhyme

Soon oh soon the light
Ours to shape for all time, ours the right
The sun will lead us
Our reason to be here
Soon oh soon the light
Ours to shape for all time, ours the right
The sun will lead us
Our reason to be here

Was just listening to that this week. Brilliant, brilliant piece of work.

Ironically, I have this Friday off. Not because of the impending release though. Around here you gotta use 'em or lose 'em.

If 10 does drop, at least I'll have my entire day planned out. I hope my wife understands. ;)

I got the "leaked" v10 beta because I just happened to jump on the forum about a minute after somebody found the link (no malice intended; I just followed the link and installed it before I knew that it wasn't official so...) and I can say with 100% certainty that it is going to blow people away. I was considering getting rid of my axe fx rig but I wouldn't dream of it now.

I've been holding my tongue because I didn't want to stir the pot but holy shitballs does v10 rock. I'm very interested to see and hear what the community here thinks because it literally made me do a 180 in relation to changing my rig. And this is through some measly EV LiveX monitors, mind you. I can only imagine what you guys with the high end stuff will hear.

Also, it's funny how quickly I can create patches now from the front panel. It used to be that I felt programming would be a hindrance to spontaneous creative process but it's easier than pedals and an amp now. I'm looking forward to Axe Edit but damn does it pay to know how to work the front panel.

I got the "leaked" v10 beta because I just happened to jump on the forum about a minute after somebody found the link (no malice intended; I just followed the link and installed it before I knew that it wasn't official so...) and I can say with 100% certainty that it is going to blow people away. I was considering getting rid of my axe fx rig but I wouldn't dream of it now.

I've been holding my tongue because I didn't want to stir the pot but holy shitballs does v10 rock. I'm very interested to see and hear what the community here thinks because it literally made me do a 180 in relation to changing my rig. And this is through some measly EV LiveX monitors, mind you. I can only imagine what you guys with the high end stuff will hear.

Also, it's funny how quickly I can create patches now from the front panel. It used to be that I felt programming would be a hindrance to spontaneous creative process but it's easier than pedals and an amp now. I'm looking forward to Axe Edit but damn does it pay to know how to work the front panel.

Yep, same :) Got my Axe blasting through a Yamaha DXR15, it's soooo schweeeet :)

Back
Top Bottom