V10 Update

Count-Sesame-Street-1.jpg

Thanks for the heads up!

Release Candidate One will been submitted to testers tonight. If all goes well the firmware, Axe-Edit, new presets, etc. will be released by the end of the week.

So you can give your F5 key a break.

To all at FAS,

Thank you for your dedication to the innovation, making the Axe FX II the most valuable tool a performing/recording/bedroom guitarist can own!
Now you guys need to take a long vacation from tone matching and tweaking, your ears must be dead!

Take care,
Keith Severn
a.k.a Shredgod

Thanks for your hard work and dedication! Being extremely Facebook-phobic, I truly appreciate the post being here as well.

is it sad that now i'm dying for some of the testers to chime in that they are having no problems...meaning we can expect it asap?? it's really sad how much i'm anticipating this firmware, AxeEdit is just icing....

Sunday is the first day of the week. Monday is the first day of the work week. "this week" would be "by Saturday".

The word "if" in Cliff's post is a powerful condition.

Such as in this scenario "If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle"

We wait for more news or a download.

My v9.02 still rocks. I just want Axe Edit back, so I can set up my presets, commands, and now, scenes, while offline, and then upload the programming and turn the knobs with the unit on, to dial in the mixes and tones. The pre-production aspects of Axe Edit were so awesome back when it worked.

But now I know how to use the front panel - it has become second nature to me. I will probably keep using it after I upload my programming to the unit, to dial in the particulars of the tones.

Thanks Fractal Team! You rock.

I'm going to assume Fractal going down has nothing to do with posting FW until they make a link to it on the forum. This is probably what happened:

Cliff: [If things go alright, we might put out the new FW by the end of the week. You can all stop hitting F5 now.]

Every AF2 owner: *doubles F5 smashing*

My v9.02 still rocks. I just want Axe Edit back, so I can set up my presets, commands, and now, scenes, while offline, and then upload the programming and turn the knobs with the unit on, to dial in the mixes and tones. The pre-production aspects of Axe Edit were so awesome back when it worked.

Just sayin.. I did all that stuff months ago, on FW 9.02, with the old AE. Block assignments and routing, preset naming, copying everything back onto the Axe. That basic stuff all worked fine. I needed the FP to set up Scenes, but that part was easy. And of course dialing in tones from the FP.

No matter!

My issue was that newer amp models weren't on there, and I would program things offline and then upload them, and the tones and drives would be completely different after I uploaded them, versus where they were while I was offline and looking at them from inside Axe Edit. I am using a Mac, I don't know if that matters.

BTW, Is this the last update before Axe Fx III comes out? Remember Ultra... ;-)

Oh Cliff has already said on numerous occasions that there's no AFIII coming for a bit yet. There's still too much to be done R&D wise with the AF2. People are still buying the heck out of the AF2. It wouldn't make sense to have a bunch of people still wanting them and then switch over to new tech. Finally, with as many hours as Cliff is apparently tacking on at the shop to get the new FW out, I don't see this going anywhere in the near future.

What makes me most excited about MIMIC is what it will hopefully mean for the effects end of the AF2 in the long run. I think the effects are already pretty good on this black box, but the idea that we could, let's say, match the settings of a chorus or flanger, or maybe the tone of a particular Lexicon delay/reverb setting - that I would do perverse things to greasy men for. :?

Back
Top Bottom