V10 Update

A little bit harsh in a "full of love" thread.
Also don't speak for everyone else. I actually like all the excitment. Make us all "connected".
Thanks for the update Cliff.
Same here. I liked all the excitement about the firmware updates a lot. It's almost like with christmas presents: anticipation is everything.

When in the Type page of the Amp block, the A,B, and C Quick-Control knobs now control Drive, MV and Level, respectively. This allows for quicker auditioning of the various models.
(Taken from the update notes in the other thread)
My ears are going to be so happy to be able to adjust level and drive on the fly.... :D
It was a real pain in the ass to always tab around the parameters just to audition another amp. Quick and easy solution!
Btw, the D quick control should be assigned to Input-Trim, as it is also an important control to audition a new amp!

Maybe a v10.1 feature?

Ok, good. Now, for the love of God and all that is right in the world, please please please heed this advice for the next firmware: no previews, no teaser "updates" about what you're working on, no "soon"s or "very soon"s. Just shut the hell up, work on it until it's good and ready, and then release it. It will be a nice surprise and everyone will still kiss Cliff's ass just as much and be just as happy. That way, you will avoid the ridiculous, unnecessary idiocy that this has become and you won't alienate a good chunk of your user base.

:lol:roll:lol:roll:lol

Ok, good. Now, for the love of God and all that is right in the world, please please please heed this advice for the next firmware: no previews, no teaser "updates" about what you're working on, no "soon"s or "very soon"s. Just shut the hell up, work on it until it's good and ready, and then release it. It will be a nice surprise and everyone will still kiss Cliff's ass just as much and be just as happy. That way, you will avoid the ridiculous, unnecessary idiocy that this has become and you won't alienate a good chunk of your user base.

Ok, good. Now, for the love of God and all that is right in the world, please please please heed this advice for your next post: no advice on how to run someone else's business, no denying other people's joy of sharing good things to come, not spoiling a happy thread with negative comments. Just shut the hell up, keep it to yourself, and pick a better place to voice your opinion. It will be a nice surprise and everyone will start to love you and be just as happy. That way, you will avoid the ridiculous, unnecessary idiocy of your post and you won't alienate from the user base. ;-)

Last edited:
This is going to be my first update. I can now understand what fellow fractal users have been going through all these years. Still using Fw7 (i really like using the axe edit) and i know that the jump from 7 to 10 is definitely going to be a massive one.
Can hardly wait :D

If you want to be technical, Saturday is the 7th and last day of a week...:D

I do..
Sunday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"According to the International Organization for Standardization ISO 8601 Sunday is the seventh and last day of the week."
"Sunday is a day of rest in most Western countries, part of 'the weekend'."

just sayin...and isn't it nice to talk about something else besides V10 (for a moment)?:D

Last edited:
Ok, good. Now, for the love of God and all that is right in the world, please please please heed this advice for your next post: no advice on how to run someone else's business, no denying other people's joy of sharing good things to come, not spoiling a happy thread with negative comments. Just shut the hell up, keep it to yourself, and pick a better place to voice your opinion. It will be a nice surprise and everyone will start to love you and be just as happy. That way, you will avoid the ridiculous, unnecessary idiocy of your post and you won't alienate from the user base. ;-)

+1... Half the fun is to wait. It`s like christmas when i was 9 years old :)

This is going to be my first update. I can now understand what fellow fractal users have been going through all these years. Still using Fw7 (i really like using the axe edit) and i know that the jump from 7 to 10 is definitely going to be a massive one.
Can hardly wait :D
Every major update since 7 was a huge step forward and changed tone alot (hence why you can select between FW7, FW8 and FW9 tone when using FW9 in the unit settings). I expect nothing less from FW10, especially since a lot of amp models have been reworked AND a new technology was implemented.

But don't expect your presets to translate very well to the new firmware. You will probably need to reset all the amp model settings and start dialing them in from scratch if you come from FW7. Good thing Axe Edit is back up. ;)

Release Candidate One will been submitted to testers tonight. If all goes well the firmware, Axe-Edit, new presets, etc. will be released by the end of the week.

So you can give your F5 key a break.

I just want my F5 key to work again, but will take the other stuff if I have to!

Back
Top Bottom