V10 Update

Today was new guitar day for me - PRS P24, stupid awesome. V10 tomorrow might make me forget that I have a nasty cold. When all else fails, there is Cognac and the Fractal forum.

I get that you are very, very keen on the Axe, as am I, but this statement is just not true and is really quite dismissive of many other Companies who strive for and deliver exemplary service.

Cheers,
Mo.

True, I should've phrased it "some other companies", as I've had a couple others go the extra mile when they didn't have to. For example, as much trouble as I had with Line 6 equipment in the past, they stood by me and provided excellent support and bought back my equipment after numerous prior failures.

That's great.

I do have to say, I purchased my Axe FX2 in early December and have not had Axe Edit all this time. Common, 4-5 months, I have never had such a bad start to a product as this. Just as well it is a great unit.

You have to get this sorted in the future, it is unreasonable to have to wait so long.

I'm glad I had to go 3 months without an editor. It forced me to learn the front panel. When I used a G System, I only used the editor and paid the price when I had to build some patches on the fly at a gig. Unless the AE is phenomenal, I'll only use it for backups and to move presets.

True, I should've phrased it "some other companies", as I've had a couple others go the extra mile when they didn't have to. For example, as much trouble as I had with Line 6 equipment in the past, they stood by me and provided excellent support and bought back my equipment after numerous prior failures.

Yeah, I get it!
Where I am (Oz) a lot, most, really, depends on who the local distributor is at the time & mate, they change often! Far too often! This is the price of being a tiny, tiny population in a huge country (geographically about the same size as the US).

The Oz distributor of Fractal, Independent Music, is fantastic, however, the same cannot be said of many others.......

Cheers,
Mo.

I get that you are very, very keen on the Axe, as am I, but this statement is just not true and is really quite dismissive of many other Companies who strive for and deliver exemplary service.

Cheers,
Mo.

Many other companies do offer great service, but honestly, have you ever seen Line 6 or Digitech etc go to the extent Fractal does? Their products don't even come close.

Some people will still bitch if they hit the lottery. :roll
As you said, Cliff & Co. have gone above & beyond way more than other companies would.

For sure! What other companies continue to give you free quality / feature adds via FW updates every few months on an item you paid for once?

For sure! What other companies continue to give you free quality / feature adds via FW updates every few months on an item you paid for once?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what fractal does. But I've seen this stated several times and I'm confused. Is there ANY effects / modeller builder that charges for updates? I think I've used all the major companies at one point in time over my life and I've never been charged for an update by any company for any unit. I don't see how charging for FW updates could ever be a viable business model.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what fractal does. But I've seen this stated several times and I'm confused. Is there ANY effects / modeller builder that charges for updates? I think I've used all the major companies at one point in time over my life and I've never been charged for an update by any company for any unit. I don't see how charging for FW updates could ever be a viable business model.

Very true. I would prob not pay much for an update.

Don't worry. Rumor has it that it's going to be very intuitive and have a minimal learning curve.

Here's a leaked screenshot:

AE3_zps26249d65.jpg

That would have been the greatest April fools joke of all time.

Of course, Avid charged for their one and only ever update to 11 Rack.

IME, other companies don't charge for updates, but they typically:
- are occasional with only a few updates until the next hardware is released
- rarely address user requests
- fix a few, but not all of reported bugs
- add some new stuff
- add some new bugs

OTOH, Cliff's updates:
- are frequent
- often address user requests
- fix reported bugs
- add lots of new stuff, both in quality and functionality
- any new bugs are dealt with quickly

Yeah, I get it!
Where I am (Oz) a lot, most, really, depends on who the local distributor is at the time & mate, they change often! Far too often! This is the price of being a tiny, tiny population in a huge country (geographically about the same size as the US).

The Oz distributor of Fractal, Independent Music, is fantastic, however, the same cannot be said of many others.......

Cheers,
Mo.

Wait. There's another Mo here?

Dude... Brother Mo :D

Namaste,
Mo

Line 6 used to charge for amp and effects packs.

- add some new stuff
- add some new bugs

OTOH, Cliff's updates:
- are frequent
- fix reported bugs

Yup...for me FAS have continually over-delivered 'the goods', especially in the area of updates and continued improvements....

- add some new stuff
- add some new bugs

OTOH, Cliff's updates:
- are frequent
- fix reported bugs

True, and im sure he could charge for updates. However he is awesome and doesnt.
Plus the axe FX II cost more than the other brands crap.

Back
Top Bottom