V10 Update

This is so awesome! We all looking forward to this massive update. Also great to know that this "magic box" a long-term thing, as Cliff mentioned in the interview, so we can expect a lot more awesomeness in the future! :D

That's great.

I do have to say, I purchased my Axe FX2 in early December and have not had Axe Edit all this time. Common, 4-5 months, I have never had such a bad start to a product as this. Just as well it is a great unit.

You have to get this sorted in the future, it is unreasonable to have to wait so long.

We'll just add you to the list of complainers who can't use the front panel. I don't think Fractal should EVER be associated with the word "unreasonable". Appreciate how much Cliff and the fractal team has given us all.

That's great.

I do have to say, I purchased my Axe FX2 in early December and have not had Axe Edit all this time. Common, 4-5 months, I have never had such a bad start to a product as this. Just as well it is a great unit.

You have to get this sorted in the future, it is unreasonable to have to wait so long.

I have had my AFX II since early December. I appreciate that Axe Edit may have been advertised with the unit in the past, but I have got amazing results using the front panel. Not having AE doesn't take away any functionality of the unit. It just takes longer to create presets. It is a very complex device, therefore the editing software is very complex. FAS are not a huge company, and so bug fixes etc obviously take a bit longer.

I'm curious if there is any significant change in the layout and use of Axe Edit? If so, is there any documentation that we can look at to prepare for when it drops?

Don't worry. Rumor has it that it's going to be very intuitive and have a minimal learning curve.

Here's a leaked screenshot:

AE3_zps26249d65.jpg

I have had my AFX II since early December. I appreciate that Axe Edit may have been advertised with the unit in the past, but I have got amazing results using the front panel. Not having AE doesn't take away any functionality of the unit. It just takes longer to create presets. It is a very complex device, therefore the editing software is very complex. FAS are not a huge company, and so bug fixes etc obviously take a bit longer.

I've never used Axe-Edit, other than updating firmware and presets.

When I first got the unit I was down in my basement and away from a computer, so I didn't have easy access for Axe-Edit. It is amazing that operating from the front panel has become so easy for me. I guess it just becomes like muscle memory or like using a phone or computer. I just click to areas where I know certain tweaks are, etc.

Strange that a unit like an Axe-FX II finally helped me understand inner components of tube amps. :)

We'll just add you to the list of complainers who can't use the front panel. I don't think Fractal should EVER be associated with the word "unreasonable". Appreciate how much Cliff and the fractal team has given us all.

Some people will still bitch if they hit the lottery. :roll
As you said, Cliff & Co. have gone above & beyond way more than other companies would.

As you said, Cliff & Co. have gone above & beyond way more than other companies would.

I get that you are very, very keen on the Axe, as am I, but this statement is just not true and is really quite dismissive of many other Companies who strive for and deliver exemplary service.

Cheers,
Mo.

Back
Top Bottom