v10 - FWIW, I had to reset cab blocks, now all is good.

Fro

Experienced
I didn't see that anyone posted this already. My apologies if someone did.

After upgrading, all of the cab blocks on the patches I created were bypassed, even though visually they were not. Sonically I could tell they weren't working. All I had to do was scroll over to the cab block and hit "Edit", and then they were on again. It threw me for a loop at first, but it was easy to fix once I figured it out. I didn't go through the existing factory presets, or load the new ones yet, to see if the same thing happened to those. Most of my patches were using user cab slots, if that had anything to do with it. In case anyone is noticing drastic changes in the sound of their patches, that's something to check.

So far, everything is sounding absolutely great to me. I love the Plexi 100 watt, and switched a lot of my Marshall patches over to that. The new cabs sound great too. My first rehearsal with it is this afternoon. We'll see what the band thinks.

Thanks Cliff, and everyone else at FAS!

I had something similar with most of my patches. They didn't sound bypassed, but it sounded like they were on the wrong cab or something, and as soon as I hit edit on the cab block it cleared up. Same here on using user cab slots, so that's probably the common denominator.

Even though I've had to retweak everything, usually by completely resetting the amp block, I am loving this new firmware. I keep reading about how everybody loved the Plexi 100 watt and still haven't tried it yet because I've been so busy going through and checking out all of my existing patches. :( Guess I better get on that right away!

They didn't sound bypassed, but it sounded like they were on the wrong cab or something, and as soon as I hit edit on the cab block it cleared up. Same here on using user cab slots, so that's probably the common denominator.

That´s what I noticed today as I reworked my presets.
It´s happening only with user cabs in there.

In case anyone is noticing drastic changes in the sound of their patches, that's something to check.

I think this may help many people...
thx!

Bump.

I want to make sure people see this again. I'm seeing a lot of "my presents sound like shit" threads. Too many of them to get to all of them to post this, but I'll try. IF YOU ARE USING USER CAB SLOTS, TRY RESETTING THEM!!

I didn't know if it was a bug since it was just on updating. I'll report it now. Thanks Scott.

I will bump this too. Inexperienced this too. I thought it was fm because I was checking out my patches at a crazy low level but then a messed with the cabs and things changed. Then I saw this thread and started thinking it is not just me. I see lots of guys talking about everything sounding dark and muddy. If that is you refresh/reset your cab

Back
Top Bottom