V10 Firmware

I used the Bot, upgraded the firmware, loaded AxeEdit 1.9 (long time no see), everything worked perfectly in no time. I feel like everyone else that there is something more organic in the tones. I tried to understand why reading the white paper about MIMIC, but it was more fun to play, and I'm running a Marathon tomorrow so I really should go to bed !!!. Having owned line6 and digitech stuff, and working in the IT world, I must day that Cliff's business practice of giving for free firmware upgrades that increase tremendously the features and functions of the hardware unit is unbelievable and makes me feel a very privileged customer. Everyone pays for OS upgrades or new versions of MS Office, or a new iPhone or iPad. I've been a happy Fractal customer since I bought an Ultra 5 years ago, and I think I'll still be for many more years - hoping that Cliff doesn't has a burnout because he probably really works too much. Congratulations and thank you, very much. Keep it this way.

Thanks to Cliff and the rest of FAS for this great fw update!
Playing with fw10 has been an absolute blast so far!
Also thanks goes out to the beta testers!

After updating to v10 I wondered what all the fuss was about then I realised I hadn't updated the Preset Banks, WOW what a difference once they were in place I even think it's making my playing better :D thank you all at FAS

Hi Chris,
I figured it out, changing existing vol block to shunt and than back to vol will solve this problem! Anyway, high gain amps are noticeable better than fw9

Cool. Probably something was set to zero or wrong input or something. Glad you figured it out!

I'm dealing with this now. My presets seem to be waaaaay louder especially the higher gain amp models of course. Atomica Hi just blew my head off when I switched from the corncob lol
If you read the notes cliff warns of level changes, he says it could blow speakers and damage your hearing. Check all your patch levels at low volume

FW 10, with the V10 Preset patches sounds really good, on my end.

A little work left to do on the AxeEdit, it looks like, but mostly working fine. Nothing that trashed any files or anything, like the cabs got before, but it wanted to reboot AE a couple of times. Other than that, it's GREAT! The patches REALLY make me want to dig in and play.

Wow - this sounds & feels amazing!!! Thank you Cliff, FAS, and beta testers for all of your time and efforts. This is by far the most significant jump forward for the AxeFX II yet! :)

Sounds Awesome! Also - Thanks for the Character Selection shortcuts (Speed-dials?) on the naming screens - they work on the IR capture screen too!

Can anyone try to calibrate Expression pedals with MFC101 (older FW) and Axe with fw10? Because when I set up cursor to parameter Min000 enter is not lighting?

No not yet. I used The Fractal Bot to update to Firmware 10.00, then downloaded Axe Edit 1.9 and used that to Update the 10.00 Banks and Presets.

Did the process of sending the v10 banks ran smoothly with the v1.9? I've tried like 10 times now and each bank only transfers the first preset. Then nothing.... Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom