V10 Firmware

I cannot actually believe that this was released on the one Saturday I've agreed to work 9 til 5, and I have a recording session straight after. Fuck my life.

All this waiting just to be released on the wife's birthday. And she's not content with a birthDAY no it's a birthday WEEKEND. Not only that but my Dimarzio PAF8 just came in yesterday so the one and only guitar I have is going in the shop at least until mid Sunday to get the neck pickup swapped out. FUCK

Holy crap.

I don't make a ton of presets....never had....never will. I need about 5-10 presets and I get bored after that. To me it's always been about making those handful sound great.

The one amp that I always go to first thing with every update going back to the Ultra days is the AC30. I've never been able to get along with it even though it's probably my favorite 'real' amp. I'm not going to get into specific issues, but it's been the singular disappointment for me with the FAS stuff. Considering how much other great stuff it did I accepted this one shortcoming and worked around it.

So anyway I've spent a considerable portion of the first 10 minutes with v10 dorking with the factory #6 preset. I reset the amp model, changed the cab to one of the new ones and I don't know if I'm going to crap my pants or cry. :)

It's finally there. Everything else could have stayed the same if this was the only thing that changed to me. I can't even wait to see what my other go to amps sound like now. I don't even know how to grasp the thought of some of those others that I haven't even tried before.

I'm exactly like you here, my single disappointment with the axe has been the vox models. I'm away from the box for a few hours more, but this sounds promising.

FractalAudio; said:
Unfortunately (for us, not you) there’s only one way to fix it: hard work.
...and we can not thank you and Fractal Audio enough for that, beyond amazing.

The whitepaper was a truly interesting read, thanks for sharing that, and wishing you all the best of luck on the patent application(s).

I'd be really interested to read more on the modeling algorithms. Do you believe a paper oriented to the research community (cfr. Google Research papers) will be published one day (e.g. after patent approval)? Or would this risk endangering your solid lead on competitors too much?

Thank you FAS for the great work, I don't have words to say for what I hear.. You're NO. 1 in the whole World!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

No not yet. I used The Fractal Bot to update to Firmware 10.00, then downloaded Axe Edit 1.9 and used that to Update the 10.00 Banks and Presets.

not at this time. The next version of fractal bot will do that.

Axe-edit 1.9 is out. You can use that.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-edit-general-discussion/66760-axe-edit-1-9-beta-released.html
Thanks one thing I noticed is I did the transfer of the presets properly via Axe manage in Axe Edit. Sent the banks to their specific location
but after that when i scroll through axe edit like when i go through presets it automatically then gives me the yellow light as if something is edited,
even though I didn't touch anything. What's up with that?

GREAT. tried it this morning. Didnt compare with recordings, but the tones do have something more... very enjoyable, like a jewlery detail on every tone. As annonced, also gained around 6dB on every preset,so had to check outputs levels.

Axe edit seems to work perfectly on Osx 10.6.8 SnowLeo, but didnt tried enough yet.

Question concerning the more important level : is due to amp blocks only ? Id like to correct levels on specific blocks which have updated levels and not the presets outputs level.

Anyway many thanks and congratulations to the FAS team for this incredible work. Thanks men for all the time and patience you spent on this PRRREEECIOUS update

original

Last edited:
anyone else notice that the USA lead patches are considerably quieter after resetting them?
they sound very good but I'm trying to balance m outputs between patches and some amps seem to be much louder than others now
the Atomica Hi for instance is really loud (even with the master down)

Thanks Cliff and all FAS team for another great job!

I just updated to 10 from 7.
Did a quick run through my presets (have 35 or so) and all sound too harsh, specially the ultra-cleans are now have little breakup in there…
i went back to 7.
I guess a reset amp block is needed but I have a gig upcoming so I'll wait after that, when I have time to fine tune each preset again under 10.
Thanks guys.

p.s: updateing using BOT was fun easy and quick.

Back
Top Bottom