V10 Facebook posts...

Sorry if I offended, appeared condescending or disrespected you or anyone else. I was merely trying to say it's not worth over thinking at this stage, wait for 10 to land and work it out for yourself. I guess I'll just STFU and go back to playing my guitar, catch you later!

I think the majority took your post just as you meant it. At least I did.

There is not a lot of civility around here lately. Kind of sad IMHO.

I think the majority took your post just as you meant it. At least I did.

There is not a lot of civility around here lately. Kind of sad IMHO.

My apologies to xpenno. My point was simply that a technical question was asked by someone confused about why the Axe IR's have "extra" mics on top of the initial mic & exactly how this works. IMO an answer of "I already have V10, it's great, so don't worry about it" is neither helpful nor educational for the one posting the question, though I accept it was not made in bad faith.

I hope this clarifies my post.

Cheers,
Mo.

PS word completion on mobile phones is just awful.

Mo.

Last edited:
Apologies. My point was simply that a technical question was asked by someone confused about why the Axe IR's have "extra" mics on top of the initial mic & exactly how this works. IMO an answer of "I already have V10, it's great, so don't worry about it" is neither helpful nor educational for the one posting the question, though I accept it was not made in bad faith.

Cheers,
Mo.

No need to clarify and no worries! I took it as others were answering the technical aspects and xpenno was just replying along the lines of "hey with the new IR's you won't need to worry about it". My personal opinion is that Forum as of late has become a fairly hostile place with not much wiggle room for language differences and/or differences of opinion on any topic. Knowing xpenno's posting history and helpful nature here I just didn't see it as malicious. It's all good.

No need to clarify and no worries! It's all good. I took it as others were answering the technical aspects and xpenno was just replying along the lines of "hey with the new IR's you won't need to worry about it".

My personal opinion is that Forum as of late has become a fairly hostile place with not much wiggle room for language differences and/or differences of opinion on any topic.

That's a fair call. Will take this on board.

Cheers,
Mo.

Will V10 have some effects updates/improvements as well? seems like all the last FW updates focused for 90% on amp and cabs not effects.
Since I only use two or three amps I hope there will be more effect updates instead of only amps.

Can someone clarify M@'s comment on Twitter concerning the importance of 4/12???

"Today we will be back in the studio. Too bad the date isn't 4/12 because that's the focus!"

What is that referring to???

Legitimate question Matt! Sure, he's referring to grabbing the IR's (4x12) but the second sentence is intrigueing considering that 4/12 is a Friday. Clever hint disguised through a 4x12 or a focused date for release? Who knows. Soon see. Not going to lay down money on it. But it'll come when it's ready.

My apologies to xpenno. My point was simply that a technical question was asked by someone confused about why the Axe IR's have "extra" mics on top of the initial mic & exactly how this works. IMO an answer of "I already have V10, it's great, so don't worry about it" is neither helpful nor educational for the one posting the question, though I accept it was not made in bad faith.

Cheers,
Mo.

PS word completion on mobile phones is just awful.

Mo.

No apology required man 8)

I do appreciate that the written word can be read in many different ways by many different people, I just find that it's easier to assume that the majority of comments on the here are made with good intention especially as this forum is such a great place to hang out.

Getting back on track, as far as I know all IRs in the AxeFX have a mic in the signal chain, these new cabs don't seem to be any different. IMHO although the new cabs do have mics already baked in, you cab still use the mic sims to shape the tone to very good effect, having said that, they sound great without.

One of the great things about the Axefx is that you have the option to choose for yourself. I think that many people try and go with what is supposed to be "right" or what works in the real world. The way I approach things is that I go for what creates the sounds I want to achieve and just because a cab has mics baked in doesn't mean you should rule out using the cabs sims with it. Maybe this is just how I work and it came across as anything other than this then I can assure you that I did not mean it to. I think that any confusion that is occurring around the cab sims will be fixed when the FW goes public and people can hear/play them for themselves and that this might be a good option.

Spence

For fear of the wrath of forumites, I think the mic sims could be removed, at some time in the future, when it is deemed okay by everyone, and will not cause any bad feelings, tax title and license not included...

For fear of the wrath of forumites, I think the mic sims could be removed, at some time in the future, when it is deemed okay by everyone, and will not cause any bad feelings, tax title and license not included...

There would be no need for virtual mics if the 'neutral mic'd' IRs are taken out. A lot of people like those, though perhaps that will change.

I use the virtual mics all the time. I don't see why this feature would have to be removed at all.
It's a good option for shaping the IR sound in my opinion.
It's just an extra option that you don't have to use, it's just there for people like me who find use in it.

No no! :)
Seriously, they are essential for use with the stock RW cabs, and the 'old' FAS cabs. I even use the R121 with an acoustic IR.

No one read my disclaimer lol :)

Seriously, they don't bug me at all... was just poking fun at the wrath of suggesting a feature removal.

Back
Top Bottom