V. 7 I dont know what it is.....but its awesome

ptgold

Inspired
I have absolutely no idea whats going on with this firmware or what exactly it is that Im liking more but its amazing. I actually find this update to give me more of a WOW factor than V6.0 which everyone was going gaga over.

V6 is great but....V7 theres something weird and stupid good going on. I actually sound like I play better with this version:lol. What i can definitely notice is the touch sensitivity of the strings...its crazy!

On another note since this is a beta firmware....Im thinking that some of the models still need to be reworked?

The Divided/13 for some reason has a huge volume drop compared to the others because I can barely hear it.

Do the firmware changes automatically affect existing presets? In other words, do we have to jump through the hoops of switching amp blocks to a different model and back, losing some of the previous settings in the process, in order to take advantage of the new dynamics modeling?

Beta is beta. There are issues to be found and public beta (this is actually a pretty mature beta version FWIW) means that there are issues that 'normal' (aka 'non-beta') guys will find.

FWIW, 'public beta' for the Axe-FX is a new thing; I cannot recall Cliff ever releasing a beta firmware (no matter how mature it is) in the past.

The best thing to do is exactly what you (OP) are doing - report your specific issue/bug with as much context and be as specific as you possibly can. That allows the developer to develop a checklist to work through before the full version is released.

The Divided/13 also sounds really dark & boomy. Is that the way it is supposed to sound? I've never played one so I have no idea.

Do the firmware changes automatically affect existing presets? In other words, do we have to jump through the hoops of switching amp blocks to a different model and back, losing some of the previous settings in the process, in order to take advantage of the new dynamics modeling?

To be safe, yes, you should reinitialize and then redial completely to ensure the new values and parameters that now are 'in there' are defaulted to correct values.

In some cases it is not necessary; but in all cases it is 'best practices' IMHO to do so.

FWIW, 'public beta' for the Axe-FX is a new thing; I cannot recall Cliff ever releasing a beta firmware (no matter how mature it is) in the past.

I hope it continues, public beta is just a great idea.

1. good for testers.. we get to see things early and provide feedback
2. good for FAS.. they get wider QA base and increased feedback
3. good for end users.. they get a final version that has been well stomped on

I have absolutely no idea whats going on with this firmware or what exactly it is that Im liking more but its amazing. I actually find this update to give me more of a WOW factor than V6.0 which everyone was going gaga over.

V6 is great but....V7 theres something weird and stupid good going on. I actually sound like I play better with this version:lol. What i can definitely notice is the touch sensitivity of the strings...its crazy!.

I think what your feeling is the added overall compression along with other changes .IMHO. Overall most models are punchier. The added compression gives you better string control:twisted

Back
Top Bottom