Using your AX8 live.

Rock Mixer

So I did a gig this past Fri night and used my AX8 with a PRS tube amp. I used one preset the whole night. My amp had an X/Y setup so I could get nice and clean, and then really dirt. The only thing I had to do to make it work was remove the cab from the preset and then tweak a little.

I would like to buy an FRFR speaker. Many of these things are pretty expensive. I looked at a bunch and I noticed that a 900 to 1500 FRFR cab for guitar were all made using sim components.

Anyway, I had a lightbulb go off and I was willing to try something for 90 bucks.

I bought a Celeston full range 12 inch speaker that I will soon mount into a powered monitor.
https://www.parts-express.com/celes...ge-professional-woofer-driver-8-ohm--294-2082

In theory it should work pretty good. Should be very sim to speakers in the 800 to 1500 range. I will let you all know the results soon.

I've thought about doing this many times - well a couple of those speakers into a guitar cab, so am quite excited to hear your thoughts as to how it works

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom