Using two guitars for live show

oldstar1975

Inspired
Hi!
I looking for simple way to use 2 guitars with Axe III (not at the same time) during the live show. I have two wireless systems, for both guitars. And I don't want to switch off the body packs, pull off the jacks and so on.. How do you guys doing it? Thanks!

Put one receiver in input-1...the other one in input-2. Create a second input block. Setup your presets to use your selected inputs and mix both inputs together :)

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 19.55.04.png

two questions about it.
1. In this setup one guitar must be muted to not interference to the main guitar? Or I can play on guitar 1 on the preset created for guitar one only?
2. If I need change guitar cause the brocken string for example and play farther - how I can do it without changing the preset?

Get an ab selector or one of those tour supply 4 selectors thingys the pros use. Would hate to have to modify all my patches.

Plug your “primary” wireless into the rear Input 1 jack. Have the plug for the “secondary” ready to plug in at the front I put 1 jack. Plugging in the front jack will automatically switch to it and disable the rear jack. I personally find it better than the internal mixing/switching route.

Joe

Plug your “primary” wireless into the rear Input 1 jack. Have the plug for the “secondary” ready to plug in at the front I put 1 jack. Plugging in the front jack will automatically switch to it and disable the rear jack. I personally find it better than the internal mixing/switching route.

Joe
what if I use both guitars during all the show. different tuning for example? 50/50 percent? How I can use them one by one without unplugging cables?

I just have a separate body pack for each guitar. Flip a single switch. Put the guitar down. Pick up the next guitar then turn the switch on. No need to switch the body pack to another guitar.

All the other ways suggested and using two separate wireless units seems way to complicated. I use 3 guitars and have 3 separate body packs. Done and simple. Unless I’m missing something

two questions about it.
1. In this setup one guitar must be muted to not interference to the main guitar? Or I can play on guitar 1 on the preset created for guitar one only?
2. If I need change guitar cause the brocken string for example and play farther - how I can do it without changing the preset?

1. just turn down the volume on the guitar you are not using and play the other one.
2. turn down the volume on the faulty guitar....pick up your other guitar and turn up the volume on that...you are still using the same preset.

It's basically just as having two guitars joined together at the end of the cable. The connection is just made inside the Axe :)

I use a GXLD. All you have to do is switch the body pack on the guitar you were using off and turn the body pack on the one you picked up on. The receiver and the transmitter find each other.

@oldstar1975: well, it’s one cable at the front of the unit to plug or unplug. I should also clarify that I’m only using 1 wireless and have the other guitar cabled. I go back and forth between two guitars at my gigs (primarily event work), so as I put one guitar on the guitar stand by the III, I plug in the cable at the front of the unit and grab the corresponding guitar. No looking around on the back panel, nothing to add to my patches, no confusion about which transmitter is active.

But honestly, once you decide on a setup and integrate it into your workflow, any method will do the job. If you have two transmitters than the switching on/off may be easier.

1. just turn down the volume on the guitar you are not using and play the other one.
2. turn down the volume on the faulty guitar....pick up your other guitar and turn up the volume on that...you are still using the same preset.

It's basically just as having two guitars joined together at the end of the cable. The connection is just made inside the Axe :)
Yes, I used the same method with Axe II. But in this case I need to change input source in amp from sum L-R to Left or right only. In other case there will be some lack of gain.

Back
Top Bottom