Using two FC's question

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I'm thinking about having my guitar tech change some of my scenes at my next gig. I want to be able to be center stage while doing harmonies with the other guitarist in my band and not have to rush back to my pedalboard. If I had the FC-6 for the tech and had my FC-12 onstage for me can I just plug and play or would it be a lot of setup to get the FC-6 going in the way I want? Would the FC-6 show my scenes ok for him to switch? Should I just get another FC-12?

So it doesn't matter if one is a 6 and one is a 12? The 6 would show the first 6 scenes if it was setup for scenes then? Thanks Chris
Just put what you want on it as if it was the only one.

You can mirror, but then it shows the bottom row of the FC 12. I’d just program exactly what I want on it.

Just put what you want on it as if it was the only one.

You can mirror, but then it shows the bottom row of the FC 12. I’d just program exactly what I want on it.
With the new editor I could have him change scenes on the computer now. Have you tried it yet? No gaps or lags. Sweet! Thanks again Chris!

I'm thinking about having my guitar tech change some of my scenes at my next gig. I want to be able to be center stage while doing harmonies with the other guitarist in my band and not have to rush back to my pedalboard. If I had the FC-6 for the tech and had my FC-12 onstage for me can I just plug and play or would it be a lot of setup to get the FC-6 going in the way I want? Would the FC-6 show my scenes ok for him to switch? Should I just get another FC-12?
Just figure out what you need your tech to do. If you can fit that into six switches, then an FC-6 is all he needs.

Yes, there's some setup involved. If you can set up an FC-12, you can set up an FC-6. :)

If you want to make it really simple, get another FC-12 and mirror them. That way, he gets exactly what you get.

Last edited:
Just to chime in here with another question: could there be TWO FC-12s, but with one showing Presets and the other showing Scenes? I hate having to do the heel-toe rocking thing then tap Presets or Scenes and then what I want to actually switch to. For example, I might want to switch to a preset that is number 6 on the FC-12, then switch between Scenes 3 and 5 of that Preset. That involves some serious toe-tapping and foot rocking. If I had two FC-12s, one set to Preset mode, and the other set to Scene mode, with the Scene board automatically switching the set of scenes as the preset is changed on the other board, that would be perfect. Is this even vaguely possible?

Just to chime in here with another question: could there be TWO FC-12s, but with one showing Presets and the other showing Scenes? I hate having to do the heel-toe rocking thing then tap Presets or Scenes and then what I want to actually switch to. For example, I might want to switch to a preset that is number 6 on the FC-12, then switch between Scenes 3 and 5 of that Preset. That involves some serious toe-tapping and foot rocking. If I had two FC-12s, one set to Preset mode, and the other set to Scene mode, with the Scene board automatically switching the set of scenes as the preset is changed on the other board, that would be perfect. Is this even vaguely possible?
Each FC can be set up however you want. But you can set up a single FC-12 to be closer to what you want. Check out Layout Links. You can set it up so that when you select a preset, it automatically goes to your Scenes Layout.

Each FC can be set up however you want. But you can set up a single FC-12 to be closer to what you want. Check out Layout Links. You can set it up so that when you select a preset, it automatically goes to your Scenes Layout.
Layout Links are awesome!

Just put some presets and some scenes on the same layout view.

Just put some presets and some scenes on the same layout view.

Yup, I got that. Thanks.

But I was thinking more of an entire number one FC-12 dedicated to presets, including bank up/down, and another (number two) FC-12 dedicated to scenes/tuner with the second FC-12 automatically changing to whatever is progammed in the preset selected by FC-12 number one... Just an idle thought - i don't actually HAVE two FC-12s. Just one. But if needs be.....?!? ;)

Yup, I got that. Thanks.

But I was thinking more of an entire number one FC-12 dedicated to presets, including bank up/down, and another (number two) FC-12 dedicated to scenes/tuner with the second FC-12 automatically changing to whatever is progammed in the preset selected by FC-12 number one... Just an idle thought - i don't actually HAVE two FC-12s. Just one. But if needs be.....?!? ;)
I currently run my board exactly that way. An FC-6 controls presets, and the FC-12 has scenes and effects. Select a preset on the 6, and the 12 changes accordingly. It works great, and is easy to setup, so yea, that’s absolutely possible.

I currently run my board exactly that way. An FC-6 controls presets, and the FC-12 has scenes and effects. Select a preset on the 6, and the 12 changes accordingly. It works great, and is easy to setup, so yea, that’s absolutely possible.

Outstanding! Thank you. I might have to borrow a spare FC-12 from my friendly dealer/mate and give this a go. I can see my credit card taking a bit more of a hit soonish. ;)

One thing to add here, if you have the first FC by your AX3, then your second front of stage, you need to power the second FC somewhere.
Not a big deal, but something else to consider.

Back
Top Bottom