Using Two Amps with FX8

JV1

I am about to order an FX8 to replace my M13. Currently I run the M13 with my Bogner Ecstasy using the 4 cable method.

I want to take advantage of the great stereo effects from Fractal (I used to have an AX-FXII). So I am thinking about running the Ecstasy 1/2 stack and my Shiva 1/2 stack in stereo using the FX8.

Question: I assume I can do this with little problem. But will the FX8 act as a ground loop to prevent unwanted noise between the two amps??

I plan to order humbuster cables with the unit. As a former FXII user I am familiar with them.

i've got a similiar question : mostly I use 2 amps so no problem there for FX8 ... but sometimes only one amp, can I do that with out any problem ? or do some FX8 sounds need some tweaking then ?

i've got a similiar question : mostly I use 2 amps so no problem there for FX8 ... but sometimes only one amp, can I do that with out any problem ? or do some FX8 sounds need some tweaking then ?

Page 65 in the manual has some notes on stereo/mono compatibility.

I would definitely make sure all your gear is plugged into the same circuit to prevent ground loop hum.

Basically it'll sound the exact same. Unless you've got a panner. That will just sound like a tremolo. And stereo delays may be a bit different. But generally speaking, two amps or one won't require any huge changes.

Back
Top Bottom