Using two amp blocks in a preset? XY switching not getting it done

bgrizzmayne

Inspired
Hey guys-

The lag with amp switching via X/Y isn't feasible for me to use live.

I'm trying to use implement using two amp blocks but having trouble. Whenever I add a second amp block, it seems to increase the volume of my patch and clip my output gain, no matter what I do. (even when the new amp block isn't engaged) I'm essentially running the new amp block in parallel to the other amp block, with neither of them switched on. Yet it's doing something weird to my gain levels....making it all way too hot and clipping my outs.

Anyone know why this would be? Somehow my signal must be doubling...Going through the disabled amp block and merging back....creating a louder volume. But all the routing info I've looked at for guys using two amp blocks has them running them this way. What's the best way to run a second amp block?

Ben

Hey guys-

The lag with amp switching via X/Y isn't feasible for me to use live.

I'm trying to use implement using two amp blocks but having trouble. Whenever I add a second amp block, it seems to increase the volume of my patch and clip my output gain, no matter what I do. (even when the new amp block isn't engaged) I'm essentially running the new amp block in parallel to the other amp block, with neither of them switched on. Yet it's doing something weird to my gain levels....making it all way too hot and clipping my outs.

Anyone know why this would be? Somehow my signal must be doubling...Going through the disabled amp block and merging back....creating a louder volume. But all the routing info I've looked at for guys using two amp blocks has them running them this way. What's the best way to run a second amp block?

Ben

Set the bypass state of each amp to mute. You must do this for amp1x, amp1y, amp2x and amp2y individually. Setup scenes with one amp block on and the other bypassed, so that they are never on at the same time or never both off at the same time unless you need a scene with complete silence.

You can achieve this with the modifiers attached inversely to the mute feature of each amp block and control the modifier with a midi cc number, but scenes can do that work for you.

Back
Top Bottom