Using the Tuner as a mute switch?

Does the ram/CPU in the server that hosts this forum need a little break ever now and then? Maybe we should shut it off for an hour every night.

Not trying to be too flippant, but your whole world is fuelled by electronic devices that never shut off. Some parts like certain types of screens have have burn-in issues if left on thousands of hours, and some of the components might use a useful lifetime, but most components and chips have no trouble running constantly. If anything, the heat/cool cycle when powering off and on is potentially causing more wear and tear. But not to a degree where any of us need to be worrying about it.
Very true my friend. I will say, however, things do need a reset every now and then......but stagnation is probably more dangerous than perpetual motion with electronics, eh?

Very true my friend. I will say, however, things do need a reset every now and then......but stagnation is probably more dangerous than perpetual motion with electronics, eh?

O/T: I typically don’t see a lot of CPU growth or reflected as memory leak kind of stuff. For me the biggest savings are simply to save the complex preset, move off of it and then reload it. That often will bring back 10%

Back on topic: thank you for the update on compressors FAS!

It’s not a block I use much (often low mix values e.g. 50% or high attack values like 32 ms {for getting pick attack through}, etc.) and overtime have used less and less as there are options for compression everywhere in the signal path, but with this update I will certainly revisit as it sounds very musical from the demos. Thanks again - you folks slay!

I’ve always used the tuner as a mute with the Ultra, AxeII and the AxeIII...no issues! ...Gigs, rehearsals ...etc

Going on almost 3 years of daily use with mine so far, and Neutrik plugs are easy to swap out if it ever does break.
Lol! I guess I experienced a lot of cable pulls and tugs ...and heavy trauma...🙄

It is a very nifty item and design!

There’s a spring that forces the disconnection and it is silent upon doing so....no pops! ...and the movable parts is well made but given such actions in a very small space....🤷🏻‍♂️

It will last imho ...with little to no major trauma.👍🏻

Curious about this as it's something I've never even considered - why would this be an issue? Like - what damage could be done?

Yes this. The tuner mutes the signal so it is exactly like a mute switch. Or am I missing something?

I always use TUNER to mute. Especially at big corporate functions when other people are on the stage while I'm not there. If someone knocked my guitar volume there might be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom