Using the same IRs with every platform. About to ramble. Tell me your thoughts

Force yourself to use other IR's, other guitars. There's preferences, but if your recording... different things...then take advantage different IR's

Reactions: JTI
Use whatever sounds good and focus on playing music. The Axe is a deep device but ultimately if it's already doing what you want it to do there's no need to overthink it.

That IR rabbit hole is deeeep. Careful.
Yeah I have been prettttttttttty good about avoiding it. On every device I have used. When I had my first semi-big boy modeler (AA3); I went in for a little while. Came back out and never really went full blown for whatever reason.
Force yourself to use other IR's, other guitars. There's preferences, but if your recording... different things...then take advantage different IR's
Great suggestion. Issue in my situation is I use GK3 equipped guitars so I can't really jump from one thing to another as easily as some.
Use whatever sounds good and focus on playing music. The Axe is a deep device but ultimately if it's already doing what you want it to do there's no need to overthink it.
Honestly; the hardest part about it is just settling in and playing the thing in a constructive way :D I get to messing around with things wayyyyyyyy outside of my paying gig that not a lot of serious "work" gets done
whistle.gif

Rabbit hole? What rabbit hole??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Oh man! I know that feeling! I have a TON of IRs in my Drive. But I only ever end up digging into a select few at the very most. LiveReadySound and this CabIR stuff are pretty much it at this point.

Yeah I have been prettttttttttty good about avoiding it. On every device I have used. When I had my first semi-big boy modeler (AA3); I went in for a little while. Came back out and never really went full blown for whatever reason.
I find that out of the many I have tried, there are only a handful that I like. And I usually find that if I like it for my heavy sound, I typically like it for all sounds.

Reactions: JTI
I find that out of the many I have tried, there are only a handful that I like. And I usually find that if I like it for my heavy sound, I typically like it for all sounds.
I didn't get a chance to dig through all the suggestions here but I DID try your OH suggestion and I loved it! I didn't get to crank it but I might give it a go at practice tonight if I can. Thanks for the suggestion!

The one thing I have found about the CabIR is that it feels and sounds super aggressive to me. So I am perhaps on the lookout for something a hair tamer to use on lighter sounds.

I stopped using the other IR's I have accumulated and decided to only use the Axe Fx 3 factory cabs. With as many of them as there are and the ability to blend 4 it provides more than enough and consistent. There are a few that are go to but I try to do different combos on different amps or they will all start sounding the same. The cabinet is a big factor. The stock hi-res cabs are very good and there are a bunch.

I gave myself tendonitis auditioning them all.
I ending up using about 10 of the IRs for everything. The ones from Ownhammer in the Axe FXIII and ones I bought directly from Ownhammer sound the best to me.

You'd think that would be easy to find with all of the IRs in the Axe FXIII and cab packs. It wasn't.
I had to shoot some of my own for a couple of the amps.

If you put them in phase you could have tendinitis, and also a perfect cab sound, and you wouldn't have to go through them all, because the ones you clicked on would actually sound how they're supposed to and you could get right to the mics and speaker combos you want in that stack of 10,000 and they would sound right.

If you put them in phase they would all sound good, and you could just pick your favorite

Back
Top Bottom