Using the Mission SP2 as wah and volume

Hi little lost here I got a mission sp2 two switched outputs , I set up on external pedal 1 the wah and calibrated , works but when I hit switch to different output the wah turns on 100% sounds horrible, any way I want the wah set up like I have right now with auto engaged, and works , but want to be able to set second switch output for volume. Please tell me what I am doing wrong , thanks.

Set the wah control modifier "off value" to 95%. Then toe-down will be the wah bypass position, which is necessary for this this type of SP-2 use.

Mine is spring loaded
that's a problem since you need to go to the toe down to switch, then the wah pedal "loses" its communication (since you switched off). in the toe-down state.

spring loaded makes it difficult to use the switch effectively.

however, setting the OFF value in Auto-Engage to 95% (which is toe down) might actually work out perfectly.

I think if you add a second wah modifier (e.g. level, setting both min & max to desired level) and use a speed (SPD) auto-engage type on both modifiers, one off value at 5% and the other at 95%, it will bypass at either end of pedal travel. The only other options would be removing the spring or rewiring the pedal to put the unused output at 0% instead of 100%.

I think if you add a second wah modifier (e.g. level, setting both min & max to desired level) and use a speed (SPD) auto-engage type on both modifiers, one off value at 5% and the other at 95%, it will bypass at either end of pedal travel. The only other options would be removing the spring or rewiring the pedal to put the unused output at 0% instead of 100%.

Maybe I should have just gotten a sp1 , I had before and had no problem.I need the spring and love auto engaged so I don’t want to lose the spring. Will try what you said but don’t want to rewire.

I use an sp-2 myself(and love it, but as an old school wah pedal that turns off toe down), but have no idea how volume and wah will work with the spring. As @Bakerman suggested may make the wah work, you will have trouble with the volume when the spring pulls it to 0, unless you want to keep your foot on the pedal constantly. even with the sp-1 you will have issues with the spring if using for volume and wah.

I use an sp-2 myself(and love it, but as an old school wah pedal that turns off toe down), but have no idea how volume and wah will work with the spring. As @Bakerman suggested may make the wah work, you will have trouble with the volume when the spring pulls it to 0, unless you want to keep your foot on the pedal constantly. even with the sp-1 you will have issues with the spring if using for volume and wah.

My problem is I love the auto engage and wah external 1 switch but when I hit switch to go to external 2 the wah turns back on in the high frequency , if I could just get the programming right to have the wah shut off when switch 2 is engage , I can figure the volume from there with a vol block assigned to external 2

My problem is I love the auto engage and wah external 1 switch but when I hit switch to go to external 2 the wah turns back on in the high frequency , if I could just get the programming right to have the wah shut off when switch 2 is engage , I can figure the volume from there with a vol block assigned to external 2
does changing the OFF value to 95% solve this, as described above?

I’m not familiar with the spring (mine doesn’t have one)... can it be removed?

It would be nearly impossible to have effective range control of volume if it goes to zero every time you remove your foot, unless you’re only using it to boost in which case you’d have to stand on it all through your solos. I’d lose the spring.

Last edited:
I’m not familiar with the spring (mine doesn’t have one)... can it be removed?

It would be nearly impossible to have effective range control of volume if it goes to zero every time you remove your foot, unless your only using it to boost in which case you’d have to stand on it all through your solos. I’d lose the spring.
it's more like a single layer leaf spring design, than a slinky-looking spring. and i think mission said they don't advise trying to install or remove it. but i'm sure it can be somehow by the user.

you're going to control delay with a spring loaded pedal?

Relay wanted to control volume , I figured hit the switch and heel done full pressing forward lowering volume , or could I switch to. Delay having heel down maybe 10% going forward to 30% ?

I couldn’t do with sp2 as wah when switched to output two was at 100% heel down and came on in preset , what am I not understanding?

You will still have to go toe down to hit the switch. if your wah is off heel down, it will come on when going toe down to make the switch, and vise versa with the other effect you connect it to. If you really want to use a spring loaded expression pedal for more then one function, I would recommend a separate foot switch that could be pressed with out moving the expression pedal, or take advantage of scenes.

Back
Top Bottom