Using the Looper to dial in presets and scenes

Tigerfish

Inspired
Putting the Looper (temporarily) in the chain right after the Input has been saving me some time. I can loop a phrase that includes whatever I'm trying get to sound right -- high notes, low notes, chords, loud, soft, etc. -- and then adjust various blocks to taste while listening to an apples-to-apples before-and-after. When everything is close enough, I move the Looper to where I actually want it in the signal chain.

If you knew about this already... please be kind.

I had read posts from people doing this before, and kind of dismissed it as a bit long-winded, but I've never tried it myself. Actually, now it seems to make sense. Might have to give it a go....

Really the most accurate way to do it, as your pick attack can make you think you have way more high end than you do

I had read posts from people doing this before, and kind of dismissed it as a bit long-winded, but I've never tried it myself. Actually, now it seems to make sense. Might have to give it a go....

I'd also read about it but not tried it until last week when I was dialing in about 50 presets I'd converted from my old AFX II rig to the III. Definitely a time-saver for me, although my wife might not have appreciated the looped power chords or lead riffs played at gig volume in the living room, lol.

I'd also read about it but not tried it until last week when I was dialing in about 50 presets I'd converted from my old AFX II rig to the III. Definitely a time-saver for me, although my wife might not have appreciated the looped power chords or lead riffs played at gig volume in the living room, lol.

Same here. I've ported over all my presets from the II using Fractool. Now, as I'm
busy gigging, and I don't have the FC yet (Still on G66 w
aiting list ...) the III sits at home, still getting it's updates etc. In the meantime i'm using the II and MFC to get the job done at my gigs, which is still amazing by the way! Once I get my FC12 and everything arranged, I'll set about tweaking my presets in earnest. A lot of them need a fair bit of work to sound right on the III, so this option of using the looper could be a time saving option. Like you say, it might annoy the wife a bit, but it's worth it in the long term.

Back
Top Bottom