• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Using the Boss RC-300 Looper with the Axe-FX 2

bstoner

Inspired
Does any one know how to sync the Boss RC-300 Looper with the Axe-FX 2?

I would like to sync the tempo from the Boss RC-300 to the Axe-FX 2?

Is this possible?

I also want to add that i am using an MFC-101.

Should I go out the midi out of the RC-300 to the midi in on the MFC-101? Are the any settings on the MFC that need to be changed?

Thanks

Last edited:

bstoner

Inspired
I have discovered that if i go from the Boss RC-300 midi out to the Axe midi in. The 2 units are sync'd.

The question now is how do i get my MFC-101 into the setup. Midi out of the RC-300 to the midi in on the MFC-101 does not seem to work.

Is there a setting on the MFC that will allow the clock from the RC-300 pass though to the Axe?

If anyone could help out i would be grateful.

Thanks

chris

Legend!
The axe doesn't have the looping functions of the rc300. That's not up for argument :)

If you use the Ethernet on the MFC, you turn off the midi functionality. So to use the midi in, you have to use a midi cable from the MFC to the axe.

The midi in/out on the axe, however, does work when you use the Ethernet. Assuming you put the 300 on the floor in front of you, that'd be a long midi cable going back to your axe. But it will work.

bstoner

Inspired
Thanks for the reply.

I have been using a midi cable from mfc to axe. Are you saying I need to use Ethernet to free up the midi in for the rc-300?

Top Bottom