Using The Axe With Boogie's New JP-2C Head & RJM MMGT 4CM

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi guys,

I just wondered if anyone has tried using their Axe with Boogie's new JP-2C head and midi controller? I have the RJM MMGT and wondered how easy it was to setup and program?

How does it handle scenes on axe? I usually use an RJM Rack or Amp Gizmo to handle my switching.

It would be great to get a head start on this as I have a JP-2C on the way.

Thanks guys

Paul

I also will add a JP-2C rack unit to my rig and will use an Axe-Fx XL in the effects loop, because you can spend more on Strymon and Eventide, and Lexicon and so many others that it makes more sense to simply get an Axe-Fx for the effect loop on your tube amp. Now on the amp input I use lots of different pedals old and new thru an RJM Rack Gizmo and I like it that way. The JP-2C will then feed the input of a Torpedo Studio and the stereo XLRs of the Torpedo will run to my Apogee interface providing exellent recording levels and tone. I think the IRs used on the Torpedo have the most influence on the recorded sound, Ownhammer makes some good ones. I want to point out that I also use the Axe-Fx for amp sims recording direct to the Apogee. The Axe-Fx has lots of great tone to offer thru custom built presets thats why I will be getting more FAS product in the future.

Back
Top Bottom