Using the Axe with a tube power amp

Just looking for suggestions. What kind of tube power amps are you guys using with the Axe? I'm looking into getting a Mesa 2:Fifty poweramp to run with my ultra through my Recto 2x12. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Im just basing the 2:fifty thought off of the Between the buried and me setup. Both Dustie and Paul use their ultra through the same thing and it sounds pretty good so i was just looking for some input on the topic. Thanks!

Momo

I use a Mesa 2:90 and I love it. I run it with the power amp sims on with no thump and I think it sounds absolutely amazing. You may not have to run the power amp sims on because you're going to be able to get more power tube clipping with the 2:Fifty at lower volumes but I would have to push the 2:90 to INSANE volumes to get that so that's why I run the power amp sims on.

Curious about this too, as I think I'm going to go this route instead of FRFR . I keep hearing that a 6l6 tube based set-up is better if you like to leave the power amp sims on as they're a lot more linear than an EL34 based amp as they break up a little earlier and once they break up, they go from none to full on. I'd love to a/b the Mesa 2:fifty and the marshall EL34 50/50 side by side. I think i'm going to get a cab from Avatar as well so I can get the speakers I want in it.

Back
Top Bottom