Using the axe fx 3 just for effects.

Quick question the manual is slightly confusing for me on how to do this but I have a boss Katana mk2 amp snd it’s running through output 1 into the power amp part of the amp and i was wondering how i can just use the amp as my main amp and just use my axe fx for just an effects unit? I know vsi uses his axe just for the effects. I’ve tried to find a video on both these things but having a tough time.

Another thing is that when I updated my axe fx to firmware 12.4 all my presets i use for band rehearsal ended up being very bass heavy snd just not sounding right. What are some of the ways i can fix this?

thank you!

The real questions why? Not knocking the katana, but the axe smokes that thing in every imaginable way a hundred times over. Why hamstring yourself?

Very true in all aspects, but I’ve been having trouble with each of my presets even clean sounding missy and wish washy ever since I updated to firmware 12.4. I’m trying to figure out a way to get that fixed. My axe fx is going through the boss just as a power amp. My band bitches at me each time bout how much time i take to mess with my tones cause it sounds off to them. It bugs me lol. I put ton van of work on this unit and they are saying just go to the boss it’s easier and more efficient and blah blah n yea story goes on i told them fuck that excuse my language i did not spend over 3 grand on the fc and the axe fx to just not use it. So that’s why i asked if it be easier just use the axe 3 as just for an effects unit. Other rehearsals i have not had any issues.

If you're using the time-based effects only (most modulations, delays and reverbs) of the Axe III, using the effects loop of the Katana would be ideal. FX only setup explained on page 28 of the Axe III manual.

If you're using or think you may use the drives or amps as well as time-based effects, using the 4CM method would be ideal. This setup is explained on page 27 of Axe III manual.

Back
Top Bottom