• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Using the axe 2 as a sound card with a real amp question

Ravaya

Hello all, I don't know if this has been covered before (probably has) but I need to ask this question. If I use a loadbox in the speaker out of my amp, can I then use the direct output jack of the amp in the instrument in of the axe 2 and an IR from the axe and then record the sound via usb? Will it hurt my axe? Any pointers?

Thnx in advance for any input

Ravaya

stratamania

Fractal Fanatic
I think it would be better to use input 2 FXreturn for this purpose. What is the level coming out of the load box ? That should answer whether it is safe. Better to find this out prior to connecting of course.

Ravaya

Mmm So blank patch -FX loop block- CAB block right? The amp I am planning to record is the Mesa Mark V. I will put the load in the speaker out of the MK V. Will not connect the loadbox to the Axe. Rather I will connect the slave out which has a potentiometer to regulate level. Can't seem to find exact info on the signal level. Will mail mesa to find out. but anyhow it is a doable thing generally speaking right? thnx for the tip stratamania

Top Bottom