Using the AX8 on bass - Video

Hey everybody, I've been using my AX8 on bass for years now when I'm on the road (currently alternating between Butch Walker, Natasha Bedingfield and Richard Marx), and have gotten a few requests to do a video about it, so that's what I did. I walk through my most basic preset (attached below) and show you how I use a few different elements in the AX8 to make up the bass tone that I send to the front of house. As I explain in the video, I don't do anything radical and it's all pretty subtle, but I've been very happy with the results for years now, and so are the sound people I work with. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• Whynot Jansveld Bass.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Hey everybody, I've been using my AX8 on bass for years now when I'm on the road (currently alternating between Butch Walker, Natasha Bedingfield and Richard Marx), and have gotten a few requests to do a video about it, so that's what I did. I walk through my most basic preset (attached below) and show you how I use a few different elements in the AX8 to make up the bass tone that I send to the front of house. As I explain in the video, I don't do anything radical and it's all pretty subtle, but I've been very happy with the results for years now, and so are the sound people I work with. Hope you enjoy!

That tone sounds awesome through my iem’s. Makes me wish I had a bass to try it out haha. That tip on the ring mod was super cool!

That tone sounds awesome through my iem’s. Makes me wish I had a bass to try it out haha. That tip on the ring mod was super cool!

Thanks bo13bo! I don't remember which forum user I picked that up from, unfortunately. In combination with that EQ, I think it really works well, much more convincing than the pitch block.

Back
Top Bottom